Help Maybe infected
Tried that there now and still have the same problem, nothing has changed Sad
Well.
  • Step 11

Please download ComboFix from one of the following locations:

'Link 1'
    'Link 2'

**IMPORTANT!**

Let me give you a warning beforehand. I am instructing you to use one of the most powerful removal tool created. A simple mistake of running ComboFix without a helper's advice might render your machine unbootable. Do note that the steps below are crucial for the success of the clean-up you are currently undergoing. If by any chance you failed to meet any of them, I can almost guarantee a dreadful occurrence happening. See to it that you read the instructions first up to the very end and follow them accordingly after to ensure the best possible performance.
    • Save ComboFix to your Desktop.
    • Disable your anti-virus and anti-spyware applications, usually via a right-click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to 'this' link.
    • Double-click ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts.
    • As part of its process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery or repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
    • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
    • If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

[Image: RcAuto1.gif]
    • Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

[Image: whatnext.png]

• Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
    • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Reminders:
  1. Do not mouse-click ComboFix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
  2. Do not "re-run" ComboFix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.
  3. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making it the default browser.
  4. ComboFix prevents autorun of all CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal and increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you - please tell me.
  5. ComboFix disconnects your machine from the Internet. The connection is automatically restored before ComboFix completes its run. If ComboFix runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.
  • In your next post, please provide the following:
    • ComboFix Log
  • Format of Response

Code:
    [color=#00BFFF][b]Step #[/b][/color]
    [color=#FFD700][b]Problems Encountered:[/b][/color]

[color=#00BFFF][b]Link To Requested Logs:[/b][/color]
I ran combo fix and no log came up, nor could i find it? and also when i was running combofix a lot of errors came up to do with corrupted files and had said to run the chkdsk utility?
Are you sure you've checked C:\ComboFix.txt? Do you have the Windows XP disk with you? We'll be needing it. I am sensing a lot of your system files are corrupt. Explorer.exe not working is a bad sign.
Nope, not there, and no I do not have the disk, this is an old computer and I can't find any disks to do with it, been a while since I had any of that stuff, don't know where it is now Sad
I replied here previously. Pinch

Anyway, do you have a spare blank disk? And is this a laptop or Desktop?
I should have, if not, I can get one very quickly off my neighbour.
It's a desktop.
Alright. This is going to be quite a lot of work, but it can remedy the problem. Download Hiren's BootCD. Burn it using this guide. If that seems impossible, you may opt to use a USB by following this one instead. When you have inserted the removable media of your choice, choose then the option Mini Windows XP and use the chkdsk option and wait for it to finish repairing your system. When it is done, remove the media and try a restart.
I didn't get a disc so I decided to use an USB which i extracted all the right information to and booted my computer up using it and clicked windows mini xp and said a file called setup.exe could not be found as the file is either corrupt or lost.
I re downloaded the file and went over all the steps again and still got the same problem
I am done. I will be uploading the file you need. While you are at it, I would like to see whether the other modules work. Try running Avira AntiVir Personal please and report back.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am Infected Give some good suggestions heartylover 11 4,034 03-12-2015, 03:19 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  Infected - Can't Start System Restore srcstcbstrd 2 1,538 08-17-2014, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Autopost
  [Think You're Infected?! LOOK HERE] Infested Cleaner [White Hat Heper] Infested Terran 11 4,630 02-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Help. Infected with Adware.Toolbar.Dealio Resistance 3 3,511 11-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Resistance
  i may be infected can you analyze this otl log please helpplease 6 2,766 11-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Brandenx781