Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modding A Wii?
Hey I'm buying a Wii from my friend soon and I already bought a 2 GB SD card. I was just wondering where I can download the software that you put on the SD card. Any help or anything would be greatly appreciated.
[Image: phillybrSoftBorder.png?t=1300163091]
Your best bet is Google or YouTube. Surplus with information concerning modding Wii's. Smile
Okay I was going to do that but I just trust the users on this site more then random people all over the internet.
I recommend WiiHacks.com. They have good tutorials on how to softmod your Wii safely. Just make sure when you get the Wii, pay attention to what software version it has, which can be found in the Settings menu. I modded my Wii to run emulators on it.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
(03-27-2011, 04:13 PM)JDBar Wrote: I recommend WiiHacks.com. They have good tutorials on how to softmod your Wii safely. Just make sure when you get the Wii, pay attention to what software version it has, which can be found in the Settings menu. I modded my Wii to run emulators on it.

Thanks a lot I'm planning on using it for downloaded games as well as emulators is it possible to do both at once? And can you play gameboy games on the emulator?
I modded my WII, but it took a long time... I had to downgrade my WII firmwire so that I could install HomeBrew on it. To get the homebrew channel, you'll actually need a game called "Zelda: Twilight Princess."

It's a very long process, but if you look up the twilight Wii mod, or the twilight wii hack, you'll probably find instructions on how to do it since I can't explain it in here.

In the game, you'll have to be at a certain area in the game and go backwards or something along those lines... I haven't done it for a while now, so it's hard to remember.

Hopefully I don't get warned for this post, but I hope that was enough information for you lol.
(03-27-2011, 07:15 PM)Infinity Wrote: I modded my WII, but it took a long time... I had to downgrade my WII firmwire so that I could install HomeBrew on it. To get the homebrew channel, you'll actually need a game called "Zelda: Twilight Princess."

You don't necessarily need to have Twilight Princess. All I did was download the required files on SD, went to the file browser on the Wii and bam I had a prompt to launch the Homebrew channel. Then from there I just had to install all the WAD files and back up the NAND with Bootmii.

I remember back when Wii homebrew first started. You needed Twilight Princess and the homebrew channel was just a JPEG screenshot of a blank Wii menu. How times have changed since then. XD
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
i dont even know if this is legit
This isn't the right forum to advertise hacking tools. -Staff
(03-28-2011, 03:41 PM)JDBar Wrote: You don't necessarily need to have Twilight Princess. All I did was download the required files on SD, went to the file browser on the Wii and bam I had a prompt to launch the Homebrew channel. Then from there I just had to install all the WAD files and back up the NAND with Bootmii.

I remember back when Wii homebrew first started. You needed Twilight Princess and the homebrew channel was just a JPEG screenshot of a blank Wii menu. How times have changed since then. XD

Yeah I did mine a few years back. I remember all of the DOS looking screens going through information for a while that I had to wait for. It was actually a pain in the a** to get working since I realized that I also had to downgrade my WII from 4.3u to 4.0? or 4.1? I can't really remember what version I had and what version I downgraded to, but it was a long time ago. At least I can say that I did it in the end though lol. Of course it's a lot easier now.

I had all the materials though, the SD card was just from one of my cameras.
I have never heard of Modding a WII. You can always try it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CONSOLE WARS: PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs WII Deadmau5 104 39,956 08-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Uzi
  Xbox Vs Ps3 Vs Nintendo wii Billy Mays 18 2,580 03-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Last Post: TwoMuchCaffeine
  Sensor Bar For WII... Alpha Geek 6 1,030 09-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Last Post: LiteFire
  RiPPiiN's Modding Support Thread [Xbox 360] RiPPiiN 16 2,238 07-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Last Post: RiPPiiN
  Post your online gaming community usernames (live,psn,wii) x2theone2x 12 1,506 11-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Last Post: N.O.R.E