Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Medical Support subforum
Originally, I posted a thread in the OSHIT area where I was suggesting for a Medical Health group, but then someone posted with a nice idea.

(02-06-2011, 11:22 AM)Annuit Coeptis Wrote: This is a good idea for a subforum of http://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=66

So I was thinking, maybe if we grow big enough and get a lot of posts for the section, we can put a medical support subforum where doctors, allied medical professionals, and students in the medical field post and where members can ask for a little help regarding their concerns. Of course, it's always better to just go to a doctor, but if it can be alleviated here, wouldn't that be nice?
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]
Registered health professionals are required by law to include necessary disclaimers, when giving advice to non-clients. That aside, there may be other legalities which prevent SF from having a formal medical section, simply because of the risks involved with publishing medical advice.

Opinion is allowable, but advice from self-claimed medical or health professionals is legally tricky.
Thats a pretty good idea! Hopefully people would use it to the full extent.
Since S0rath left back about a year ago, I don't think we could have members as good and qualified as him. He was top notch. However, if we could at some point establish a medical team on this forum, that would help settle the issue of reliability and such.
Signature limit - Staff.
Well I mean if some really needs medical support we can barely do anything, and not everyone is medically experienced. This isn't House you know...
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Although we cannot medically supply anyone, we can medically support someone with health tips.
I like the idea! But I don't really care where I live (Quebec) I can call the 811 or something like that and I get medical assistance for free Big Grin
(03-27-2011, 09:41 AM)Calx Wrote: Since S0rath left back about a year ago

Wat?
(03-27-2011, 04:06 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: Joined: Mar 2011

Wat?
Don't worry about it. Just know that S0rath was a brilliant person. He's been busy for a fairly long time. He's getting his Ph.D in medical school.
Signature limit - Staff.
(03-27-2011, 09:43 AM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: Well I mean if some really needs medical support we can barely do anything, and not everyone is medically experienced. This isn't House you know...

Of course, we wouldn't give full-on consultations, but it can be a good place to go if you want to ask an opinion about which brand is better or what to expect before and after specific tests or maybe an alternative OTC drug, etc.

Aside from Sorath, there are other knowledgeable people here in SF. I, for one, am taking my bachelor's degree in medical technology (and hoping to pursue med school after that) and I have seen a couple of nurses post here before.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Other" Coding subforum alabama 13 3,271 09-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Fragma
  [Suggestion] Graphic SubForum - GFX Battles Simba 31 6,779 08-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Last Post: bkotz