Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumping into C++ ?
I wouldn't see it as a bad decision, because theirs always great tutorials out their to show you how to do so. But remember I would always start at the basics. A lot of people these days are just copying and pasting, so if I were you and I really wanted to learn it, then I would really learn it and practice a lot so you won't have to just copy and paste!
I learned C++ (well, parts of it) before I learned any other language.
[Image: logo2.png]
I would start with C# or VB6.
(03-26-2011, 08:40 PM)SeePlusPlus Wrote: I would start with C# or VB6.

I would agree with C# or Visual Basic, but why version 6? I'd recommend that he should start off with 2010 since Visual Basic is becoming ever so increasingly adapted and developed. Visual Basic 2010 is a lot different than Visual Basic 6, and they are only going to start coming out with newer versions in the future. In the newer versions you can do a lot more with the form classes also, so it would be something more to learn if he went with the newer release.
(03-26-2011, 08:43 PM)Infinity Wrote: I would agree with C# or Visual Basic, but why version 6? I'd recommend that he should start off with 2010 since Visual Basic is becoming ever so increasingly adapted and developed. Visual Basic 2010 is a lot different than Visual Basic 6, and they are only going to start coming out with newer versions in the future. In the newer versions you can do a lot more with the form classes also, so it would be something more to learn if he went with the newer release.

I don't know because VB6 for me was very easy to learn, but i guess it's not that way for everybody.
(03-26-2011, 09:23 PM)SeePlusPlus Wrote: I don't know because VB6 for me was very easy to learn, but i guess it's not that way for everybody.

I believe VB 2010 and even 2008 is a lot more user friendly with the suggested code popups they give you. There's lots of help on each error as well compared to VB6 from my experience.
VB is always nice because its an easier code to learn C++ can get pretty hard at times.
I believe the reason the newest generation is finding C++ difficult is because it requires you to think divergently.

Just start out with C++ and if you're overwhelmed do something easier.
Even if you've never programmed, you can start with C++.
I recomend learning C first [not C#, plain old C] its just like C++ with no dependencies but it has a different syntax. It is also used for most Operating systems including windows.