Poll: Which Windows OS do you recommend me?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Windows XP
70.59%
12 70.59%
Windows 7
29.41%
5 29.41%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Windows OS do you recommend me? [SPECS INSIDE]
Hey guys so I'm staying away from Linux until I get a laptop or something because I don't want to dual boot since my hard drive is relatively small and I don't have the money to purchase a new one.

So I would like to get most of your opinions on what Windows OS I should be running. Windows 7 or Windows XP?

Here is my current set up:

Dual screen/monitor
Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz 2.99GHz
4.00 GB RAM
ATI Radeon x300

I will not be telling you my hard drive space because it's laughable, but I do have an external hard drive with 111GB of free space.

When I used Windows 7, my Experience Index Rating Score was a 2
I don't know if that 2 means that I should stay away from Windows 7 since I scored very low.
Right now I am using Windows XP, but I don't know whether or not I should switch.
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
I advice you to stay on XP at the moment.
I mean, this Windows OS is not outdated, and 7 appears to be a bit too young in my opinion.
Microsoft is working hard for fixing some big security holes in Windows 7 at the moment.
Anyway, you will not find any performance advantage in migrating to Windows 7.
I've heard that some security software in Windows 7 are doing not a bad job.

But well. If you don't mind about graphics improvements, i don't advice you to change. Maybe if you are curious.
Personally, i've tested it, i enjoyed it, but I stay on XP as long as 7 is not necessarly.
Well, the windows OSs I run are XP, 7, Vista and 2000 and I personally think that if you already have XP there is currently no reason to switch to 7, XP is still very good at this time but you may want to install 7 now so that you don't have to bother getting rid of XP when the time comes that you decide to switch...

Of course you may decide that you never want to switch and you run a PC with XP for 20 years, lol...
If i was you, i'd run it in a VMWare, and see how your system copes and if you like it because if you don't like it then you havn't wasted most of your life installing it just to be removed again.

My opinion tho, i'd stick with XP until Windows Se7en is released properly.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Windows 7!

Edit: Never mind.
Windows XP Pro SP2! There's SP3 but when I had it, I had problems with some softwares.
Yea, stick with XP. Win7 might want to use all of your CPU since you have a single core, it would be a lot of work for your RAM also... If you do decide to upgrade, get like a 2.66Ghz Quad Core, and you should be set for Win7... No gaming for you though...
xp. no doubt
XP, probably. If you had a dual-core, I'd recommend Windows 7. I have a 1.74ghz dualcore processor with 1gb of ram, and a 111gb HD, and I use XP. W7 was tolerable, but I couldn't use to its fullest extent.
i suggest u stick with windows 7 allthough i really love win 7 RC xp is a brilliant OS i would stick with it till ethir win p gets out dated and microsoft stops updating it or u up your systems but that dosen't really need to be happening and scince you don't have the money it would be pointless