Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My newish computer build. Pictures included.
Awesome case mate!! Just love it Smile
[Image: IYOy9.png]
That case looks beast. How much did you pay for the case? or did it come with something.
The case costed £105. More information can be found here - http://www.scan.co.uk/products/nzxt-phan...ed-w-o-psu
Ridiculously unnecessary. You could have paid $60 (or about 40 pounds) for a case that works just as well.
(03-27-2011, 08:31 PM)Deltron Wrote: Ridiculously unnecessary. You could have paid $60 (or about 40 pounds) for a case that works just as well.

That is true, but did you see the specs? It already has 3 120mm fans and 1 200mm fan installed, it has tons of space inside, it has 12 drive bays, is made out of plastic/steel, and looks cool. Personally, I wouldn't have spent that much on a case, though.
Deltron, while I do agree with you (I had this case previously - http://www.futurelooks.com/xclio-propell...se-review/ which was only £35. ), I found that the case I previously had was too small for what I needed. Thus, an upgrade was on the way. While browsing some cases, I wanted two main characteristics. These were performance, as well as something that stands out, more to the point I wanted something unique.

The NZXT Phantom delivered everything that I needed. I love it. It looks like a monster while keeping a perfect airflow with a vast amount of room for upgrades.

Also, while it has three 120mm fans on the inside, as well as a 200mm fan stock included. It gives me room to add another two 200mm fans. One of which I've already added. Another feature that's commonly overlooked in these cases are the variable fan controllers. The NZXT Phantom has variable fan controllers for each of the fans in the case.

In all honesty, It's probably the most I'll ever spend on a case, however it seems as if it'll be future proof the next year or two, at least.
Antec 300 ($60)

80mm fans ($2)

I don't know. I just wouldn't pay $100 for simple eye-candy.

Does it really matter if you can control the speed of each of the fans in the case? C'mon now...
Sorry, but that just looks like a big lunch box. At the end of the day. I had quite a lot of spare cash, and an upgrade was needed. It looks stunning and has magnificent cooling. Everything I wanted.

The Antec 300 is just a standard case built for a budget. You couldn't really put a high end high performance rig into it. I mean, you couldn't even fit a 6970 into it, or a crossfire for some 5770's, based on this : "Maximum video card size: 11"/279mm (Note: some video cards may block access to the adjacent hard drive bay)" and personal experiences with midi tower cases.
(03-27-2011, 10:07 PM)Splodge0007 Wrote: Sorry, but that just looks like a big lunch box. At the end of the day. I had quite a lot of spare cash, and an upgrade was needed. It looks stunning and has magnificent cooling. Everything I wanted.

The Antec 300 is just a standard case built for a budget. You couldn't really put a high end high performance rig into it. I mean, you couldn't even fit a 6970 into it, or a crossfire for some 5770's, based on this : "Maximum video card size: 11"/279mm (Note: some video cards may block access to the adjacent hard drive bay)" and personal experiences with midi tower cases.

Not at all trying to degrade your whole setup, it's great.

Just trying to say that you spent a lot on your case. Great build, nonetheless.
(03-22-2011, 10:41 AM)aggouras Wrote: Great build!The case looks like a spaceship server Tongue! But I would prefer an AMD CPU. They are cheaper and at the same GHz as most Intel's do.

clock speed isn't the major factor in comparing CPUs.

i'll say its the least factor.

Intel>AMD in terms of performance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How would I improve my computer build? Sykez 8 2,230 05-26-2015, 07:39 AM
Last Post: hunterweston
  Rate My $2500~ Build Froggy 5 1,076 10-28-2014, 05:25 AM
Last Post: Reama
  New build 900$/600£ budget ÜB3R 5 1,689 02-24-2013, 06:55 AM
Last Post: illest
  Post your Build! 4Y4T3M 3 1,209 02-24-2013, 06:55 AM
Last Post: illest
  Need 6 servers Build out for self. $250 usd to best build Fallenour 0 607 08-10-2012, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Fallenour