Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ativirus Recommendation, AVG, Avast or BitDefender
Hello. Since I installed this on windows 7 5 free edition avast.

What do you recommend? It remains to 5 Free or install Avast AVG Anti-Virus 2011 (1 year license bought) or BitDefender Antivirus 2011 (1 year license purchased). Of these three that I recommend AV?

PC: Intel Dual Core e2200 OC 2.7
4 GB DDR2 Ram
Nvidia 9400GT 1GB
500 GB HDD

Thank you in advance.
Try Avira's free antivirus program.
Wrong section.
BitDefender is much better than those others so if you already paid for 1 year of it, go for it.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
It isn't listed in your choices, but Microsoft's Security Essentials program is pretty good from my exerpiences. It also uses very little of your system's resources.
I would go with Avast!
Active
Out of the three, I'd suggest Avast!

I'd suggest you use ESET Nod 32, I'm very satisfied by it.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]
I'm not bothered.. All Anti Viruses are decent.

I use AVG, and have used it for a few years now. Never had any problems what so ever, and can't remember the last time I had anything malicious on my computer.

Although I use it along side MBAM & COMODO Firewall.
(03-21-2011, 05:13 PM)Fragma Wrote: I'm not bothered.. All Anti Viruses are decent.

I use AVG, and have used it for a few years now. Never had any problems what so ever, and can't remember the last time I had anything malicious on my computer.

Although I use it along side MBAM & COMODO Firewall.

I used to use AVG too. It was sufficient for me so I never tried anything else until now.
I prefer Avast! if you are going the free route, or Kaspersky if you are going to buy a commercial AV. Just remember, security is a term of relativity.
Try this section next time:
http://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10