Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google is stalking me!
Why does Google/Yahoo stalk my forum?

I feel violated ._.
Because they're search engines. Add a robots.txt disallowing them if it bothers you that much.
O.o your site is just that awesome?

The only bot THL doesn't allow to index the site is Baidu. That site gave us so many problems in terms of bandwidth usage :/
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember. We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Proudly collared by Viral Dragon

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!
(03-19-2011, 01:22 AM)iceybunneh Wrote: O.o your site is just that awesome?

The only bot THL doesn't allow to index the site is Baidu. That site gave us so many problems in terms of bandwidth usage :/

Srsly, There's a user named "Google" in my list all the time. :<
Is it an actual user or the search engine? O.o

Googlebot spends the most time at THL. It was even there when the site got extremely little activity o-o
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember. We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!
It's not an actual user, but it's a bot that goes onto your forum. Kind of like crawlers to search the content on your forum to put in it's database. SEO at work.
Those bots are useful :] Again, the only one I've had problems with is Baidu, which is a Chinese bot.

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!
You can get rid of it, you can configure which ones you want accessing your forum, and which ones you don't want on your forum.
Baidu has been blocked for the most part. Once in a while it pops back up with a new IP address though. From what I've read on other forums, a lot of other people have had this problem too.

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!
(03-19-2011, 01:42 AM)Infinity Wrote: You can get rid of it, you can configure which ones you want accessing your forum, and which ones you don't want on your forum.

Reasons I don't like Google! 3:<

EDIT: 200th post :3