Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will -rep ever come back?
(03-18-2011, 11:42 PM)Infinity Wrote: You are talking about the other forum here. However, even the positive reputation is abused there. Yet you don't see any complaints from people unless it's a negative. Most of the positive reputation awarded on that site reminds me of greetings cards. Half of them are things like "Your name is awesome" "I like you." etc.

It doesn't reflect the user's ability to be decent members when negative reputation is a factor either. One person gets a minus rep, the revenge game starts, and the other person gets the red flag for no practical reason anyways.

It causes problems for the users, and it escalates to the Staff and the Admin positions as well. There's no good to it.
That's true. And on other forums that use the rep system, it's abused horribly because there's no limit as to who can use it and it comes down to an "either I like you or don't like you" kind of thing with no actual legit reason for a plus or negative rep. So I can kind of see why only part of the rep system would be used here.
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember. We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Proudly collared by Viral Dragon

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!
This is a SUPPORT forum, why do we need negativity?
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(03-19-2011, 03:50 AM)NekoChan Wrote: This is a SUPPORT forum, why do we need negativity?

http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid176983

You tell me.
I understand now why -rep should stay removed, but... What about neutral rep then? I'd like to be able to give feedback to someone or at least post a public warning on their profile in case they're an untrustworthy member, so other users would be able to check their rep and see reviews on that user. It'd be more useful for scammers and such rather than immature members, but you could also publicly give them a suggestion to straighten up in return for a a change from neutral rep to +rep. This way there'd be no -rep and there'd still be the incentive to stop acting like a child.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
The problem is, even if we had negative rep to warn of scammers, it would still be used for "I don't like you" reasons :/ It's a nice idea but people would still abuse it because that's the closest they could get to -rep.
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember. We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Proudly collared by Viral Dragon

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!
We don't need it, if someone is a scammer then you would report them and the mods will take care of it.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(03-19-2011, 07:31 AM)Mous Wrote: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid176983

You tell me.

Negativity against trolls cancels out.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(03-19-2011, 10:27 AM)NekoChan Wrote: Negativity against trolls cancels out.

See, the thing is, that's not trolling.

If you actually READ where most of those came from,
those were people who started threads asking questions,
and you came on their thread and flamed them.
No it should't come back. It would just add more hate and grudges on the forums then we have now.
[Image: 1249325580.jpg]
If the sky is the limit, then I'll build a bridge up to it. If I make it back, I'd still want more, more. - Craig Owens
Anyone willing to comment on my suggestion of neutral rep then a few posts up?
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neutral rep giving error? D3xus 7 1,412 10-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  we are allowed to ask for rep? +devilpsn 15 2,928 09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Add "don't ask for rep" in the rules. Elektrisk 13 5,180 08-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Why is there a star next to the negative rep number? Annuit Coeptis 1 798 08-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Jamieee
  Rep Patrick 4 1,084 07-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Injection