Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you guys make your own cables?
Just curious, as I know a couple people that do.

I know I do, makes things alot easier. Stereo/Mono, Cat5, XLR, DB9, DVI...

Save quite a bit of money, and you can gave cables to exact specs so no more cable tying an excess 3 feet of cable. Looks so clean <3

So as the title says, do you guys ever make your own?
I don't splel check.
(03-16-2011, 12:42 PM)Scalise Wrote: Just curious, as I know a couple people that do.

I know I do, makes things alot easier. Stereo/Mono, Cat5, XLR, DB9, DVI...

Save quite a bit of money, and you can gave cables to exact specs so not more cable tying an excess 3 feet of cable. Looks so clean <3

So as the title says, do you guys ever make your own?

No, I'd be kinda interested to do so, however o.o
(03-16-2011, 12:43 PM)Mous Wrote: No, I'd be kinda interested to do so, however o.o

Wouldn't mind making a few guides if I get enough people interested. It's not very hard, just have to know what you're doing. The pinned connectors tend to get more technical (15pin, DVI, etc.). Need to know how to solder carefully.

It's a waste of money if you intend to make one cable and then just stop, the cost of tools and a spool of cable will pay for that one pre-made cable you could've had 10x over Tongue

You could borrow cable from somebody that might have some, or I believe some home improvement stores can sell lengths of wire.

I don't splel check.
(03-16-2011, 12:43 PM)Mous Wrote: No, I'd be kinda interested to do so, however o.o

Me too, make us a guide.

Although, I'd probably just end up demanding you to make me a cable haha
(03-20-2011, 08:25 AM)Nemmyy Wrote: Me too, make us a guide.

Although, I'd probably just end up demanding you to make me a cable haha

I'll do a make your own ethernet cables guide Big Grin
I don't splel check.
(03-20-2011, 08:33 AM)Scalise Wrote: I'll do a make your own ethernet cables guide Big Grin

Sounds good. Those are the worst cables because they're always too too short or way too long
(03-20-2011, 08:50 AM)Nemmyy Wrote: Sounds good. Those are the worst cables because they're always too too short or way too long

Yeah, pre-mades fail at life. Plus they're like the easiest thing in the world to make.

Literally takes barely 5 minutes to make any length.

I'll have to make this guide at work though, seeing that that's where all the materials are to do it haha.
I don't splel check.
(03-20-2011, 08:57 AM)Scalise Wrote: Yeah, pre-mades fail at life. Plus they're like the easiest thing in the world to make.

Literally takes barely 5 minutes to make any length.

I'll have to make this guide at work though, seeing that that's where all the materials are to do it haha.

Yea, I'd imagine those are easy. I've seen coaxial cables done and it's pretty simple as well. I think I've done one myself.
I'm looking forward to this tutorial. Smile
I've made straight through and cross-over cables. Only cost like 10 pence a meter to make lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOT DONE!!! ~ [Tutorial] Make your own Ethernet cables! Scalise 5 3,847 03-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Scalise