Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undo (Ctrl + Z) in New Thread Textbox
:/ I thought I had the settings fixed though. Thanks for that, I'll look into it. I think my firefox didn't like it when I had 14+ tabs open (which is about as much as I usually do) and keep them open for a long time. Thank you! Big Grin
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember. We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Proudly collared by Viral Dragon

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!
(03-18-2011, 11:29 PM)iceybunneh Wrote: :/ I thought I had the settings fixed though. Thanks for that, I'll look into it. I think my firefox didn't like it when I had 14+ tabs open (which is about as much as I usually do) and keep them open for a long time. Thank you! Big Grin

I'm using Firefox 4.0 (Not saying 3.6 didn't work with 14 tabs or more)
and I haven't even bothered using about:config yet, but
I'm sure if I did I'd be even better off.
(03-18-2011, 11:26 PM)iceybunneh Wrote: Lol I loved firefox until it gave me problems. I don't remember what it was exactly, aside from a high CPU/memory usage xP that's the only reason why I'm on Chrome

You didn't set it up properly with "About:config" as mentioned before, or you had too many addons installed. You can set max connections per server, and a whole bunch of other things that determine different limitations in your firefox browsing experience. For beginner users though, I would have probably guessed that you would have had too many addons installed, or themes.
It might be an addon problem; I had a lot and some of them I didn't use but was too lazy to uninstall. I'm a genius :/

OH. And themes. Way too many themes. Crap. who's a genius now xP
This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment, remember. We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!
(03-18-2011, 11:45 PM)iceybunneh Wrote: It might be an addon problem; I had a lot and some of them I didn't use but was too lazy to uninstall. I'm a genius :/

yfw you realized changing windows theme changes firefox theme? (Sort of.)
(03-18-2011, 11:45 PM)iceybunneh Wrote: It might be an addon problem; I had a lot and some of them I didn't use but was too lazy to uninstall. I'm a genius :/

I thought so... Smile lol You should only have 2 themes max installed really, the default Firefox theme, and one other if you want to use a custom theme. The addons you use should be minimal as well. Don't just download them because they create shortcuts for your browsing, unless you use it a LOT. It's just not worth it.
(03-18-2011, 11:46 PM)Mous Wrote: yfw you realized changing windows theme changes firefox theme? (Sort of.)

No it doesn't. It changes the Window theme, but not the firefox theme. The window is just an OS property, whether it's transparent/opaque and/or colored, or standardized with the windows 2000/98 classic theme.
The main addons I used were Adblock Plus and IM Translator. The translator was really handy for when I was giving hosting support for an international forum. Lol. With themes...I added whatever I liked. Ouch.

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!
(03-18-2011, 11:50 PM)iceybunneh Wrote: The main addons I used were Adblock Plus and IM Translator. The translator was really handy for when I was giving hosting support for an international forum. Lol. With themes...I added whatever I liked. Ouch.

I'm not sure if the unused themes takes up processing power.

(03-18-2011, 11:50 PM)iceybunneh Wrote: The main addons I used were Adblock Plus and IM Translator. The translator was really handy for when I was giving hosting support for an international forum. Lol. With themes...I added whatever I liked. Ouch.

Yeah lol, themes take up a lot more space for Firefox process usage (memory and cpu) in comparison to addons, in general, but it also depends on what the addon is designed to do. You know there is an option to disable an addon instead of uninstalling it too. I would recommend only 2 next time. I think you would like Firefox if you learned how to manage it lol. It's actually a great web browser.

You want something else to try, download SRWare Iron and uninstall Chrome after you do so.

(03-18-2011, 11:52 PM)Mous Wrote: I'm not sure if the unused themes takes up processing power.

It will, it has to load all those themes before you even begin your browsing session
I'll go ahead and uninstall all the crap I don't use. Thanks, guys.

Also, is SRWare Iron a good browser?

Family:
HakkuR - <3 joo!