Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video Editing Section
This would really add on to SF, I'm starting to learn video editing & it would be great if they had a section where I could request for help.

Thanks,
Active
I agree, I'll take full edits over GFX any day.
I've suggested this before, but nothing happened. I definitely think it was time a video editing section was added.
This would be cool, but the only problem that remains is the possibility that the section would lack in content/popularity. As a website administrator Omniscient needs to decide whether or not there's a big enough market for this sort of thing. If there is, you'll be sure that a new section will be created eventually.
One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(03-15-2011, 04:03 AM)Ambition Wrote: This would be cool, but the only problem that remains is the possibility that the section would lack in content/popularity. As a website administrator Omniscient needs to decide whether or not there's a big enough market for this sort of thing. If there is, you'll be sure that a new section will be created eventually.

There's been a lot of video editing related topics posted in the Graphics section lately. I know there are a few people on here who are particularly good in that area of work, and I'm confident that the section will be very popular.
I've actually only seen you post video editing stuff. Tongue
Well apart from the odd 1 piece by someone.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(03-15-2011, 05:24 PM)Untouch Wrote: I've actually only seen you post video editing stuff. Tongue
Well apart from the odd 1 piece by someone.

Me and Infinity both post a lot. And then there are the occasional posts here and there by other members.
The thing with video editing is, it is such a huge genre, which has so many different areas that you can experiment in.
People are interested in Video Editing, even if they may not know how to do it, most of the time they would like to know how. Having a section dedicated to it would get more people involved, which in turn will produce a lot of activity.
A lot of people are put off learning it because of how complex it looks, and because of all the different software you can use etc... If there was an appropriate place to share tutorials, resources & guides, then people will start to realise it's not actually as hard as they thought it was to get really stuck into creating some amazing stuff.

Personally, I'd be more likely to share a lot of tutorials if there was a section dedicated to video editing.
I honestly strongly believe it will be a very active section.

Just remember video editing doesn't necessarily just mean using software such as Windows Movie Maker...
It includes:
Animation (2D, 3D (Cinema 4D, Maya, 3D Max, Real Flow, After Effects, Flash, Photoshop, Toon Boom etc..)
Sound Design
Special Effects
Editing
& lots lots more...

Now you better fill the section with quality threads.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I'm pretty confident in "Fragma" & thanks Omniscient!
Active
Awesome thanks Omni. I'll get busy on some tutorials today then.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video subforums under "Video Gaming " Chelloa 11 1,878 10-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Greyersting
  Suggestion; Community Tutorials [Section/Sub-section] eax 6 1,291 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Jacob
  Video Editing Sub-section Fragma 13 2,034 12-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Canada
  Separate section under video gaming.. Nemmyy 6 889 04-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Nemmyy
  [Suggestion] Software Release Section or Ruby Section Jordan L. 9 2,608 12-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.