Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glitchiness with IE9
I just started using IE9 today and have been pretty impressed, but I have noticed a few cons that involve SF.
First of all, the quick edit feature doesn't work. If I click it, it just sends me to the full edit page.
Second, I've been getting weird double posts sometimes.
And third, the box I'm typing in right now for a new thread/post extends over the other white box behind it. You can see a picture of it
Not sure if you can do something to fix this, Omni, or if they're just IE glitches, which is nothing new. I'm guessing these are just compatibility errors with IE9?
You're using ie9.
/thread

It is a bad browser, looks nice and fast at first but is still behind.
This has been reported on the MyBB development site and is being worked on.
There is a temporary fix, an X-UA compatibility tag needs to be added to the headerinclude template.
Code:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />
I suggest just keeping to FireFox as its usually more secure and faster then Internet Explorer...

But yeah its a bug and should be fixed soon.
(03-20-2011, 05:38 PM)Laugh Wrote: You're using ie9.
/thread

It is a bad browser, looks nice and fast at first but is still behind.

I haven't noticed too many bad things yet with the new one. The other version I wouldn't touch but this doesn't seem to bad. But, you could be right. I've been using it for less than a day lol.
(03-20-2011, 05:39 PM)Solidus Wrote: This has been reported on the MyBB development site and is being worked on.
There is a temporary fix, an X-UA compatibility tag needs to be added to the headerinclude template.
Code:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />

Glad to know there's a fix. Hopefully Omni will implement it.

(03-20-2011, 05:58 PM)elitestatus Wrote: I suggest just keeping to FireFox as its usually more secure and faster then Internet Explorer...

But yeah its a bug and should be fixed soon.

I don't use Firefox, I prefer Chrome.
Me + Nemmyy = IE9 Beta Testers.

I already got it to crash somehow, lol.

I don't splel check.
(03-20-2011, 06:04 PM)Scalise Wrote: Me + Nemmyy = IE9 Beta Testers.

I already got it to crash somehow, lol.

Lol, that doesn't count though because you break everything.