Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alignment MyCode
MyBB is the only forum software that uses [align] MyCode rather than the common [left] [center] [right] BbCodes. Can we add support for both? It'll be an easy fix. I haven't tested this code but it looks like it'll work:

Regular Expression:
Code:
\[(left|center|right)\](.*?)\[/\1\]

Replacement:
Code:
<div style="text-align: $1;">$2</div>
It's not something that needs adding, but I agree it would be quite useful. It would make formatting that little bit quicker for me.

Good suggestion.
Sometimes I also write a tutorial on another forum then realize it is appropriate here to. Then I have to edit all the bbcodes. It isn't a big deal but will def help new members used to other forum softwares from being confused.
It's align= for the mycode. I don't see a reason to have both.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Yes to align it is this code:
Code:
[align=center]Yes to align it is this code[/align]

What I'm saying is, sometimes people post their tutorials in multiple places. Or sometimes a new member is more familiar with the bbcode of phpbb3 or ipb. When they come here (or any MyBB forum) they will be confused. It'd have no cons imo.
I like the idea and think it should be added. It annoys me a lot when people don't want to implement something useful just because it isn't 100% needed. It would be a very small addition so it wouldn't have any negative consequences. It's just a nice convenience.
More opinions?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Youtube MyCode Tim 7 1,167 10-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Tim