Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Award: Veteran?
A 1 year award. Would be a neat award for the veterans of SF. Maybe something like:

[Image: 1_year_club-40.png]
Obviously we can't use that but what do you guys think?

There are hundreds of members that have been on the forum for a year or more though, so it wouldn't be unique in anyway at all.

Perhaps an award to the first however many people that reach 1000 posts would be a better suggestion? This would be given to those who have been active and around the forum from the beginning, and if given to only say, 15 or so members, it would remain unique, not only for now, but it would also be something unique in the future. Members would be able to look back and see the most active posters at the beginning of SF's life.
I don't think it's a good idea... Sorry.
(03-13-2011, 01:10 PM)Fragma Wrote: There are hundreds of members that have been on the forum for a year or more though, so it wouldn't be unique in anyway at all.

Perhaps an award to the first however many people that reach 1000 posts would be a better suggestion? This would be given to those who have been active and around the forum from the beginning, and if given to only say, 15 or so members, it would remain unique, not only for now, but it would also be something unique in the future. Members would be able to look back and see the most active posters at the beginning of SF's life.

Yeah that is what I was worried about. Awards should be unqie but I like your idea a lot.

(03-13-2011, 01:11 PM)iMaяᵼọ999 Wrote: I don't think it's a good idea... Sorry.

It's cool bro, just throwin ideas out there

I think new awards should be something that someone hasn't accomplished yet.
Active
(03-13-2011, 01:10 PM)Fragma Wrote: There are hundreds of members that have been on the forum for a year or more though, so it wouldn't be unique in anyway at all.

I like this idea, but maybe only like the top 5 posters should get an award or something? "Most Helpful Award" ? Only if they're HQ of course.
I'd bet new awards would be a good way to get some more activity. Peoples' number of stars don't seem like they mean much, and other awards seem to be given out less and less now. Sounds good!
Want to discuss Google's new Nexus 7 tablet?
Want to try and win Google Play credits and Nexus 7 cases?

Nexus 7 Forums
I wish awards had a definite goal. For instance the awards on HF. There are only about 3 that you can definitely get. Others you just get for donating or something stupid. Its not a good system.
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
-JFK

(03-13-2011, 01:42 PM)GrammarPhreak Wrote: I think new awards should be something that someone hasn't accomplished yet.

lol I just noticed that "Grammer" in your sig is spelt wrong...

"GrammAr" is the correct way to spell it ;)

Also, I agree that this award would be issues to too many people.

Please try again Smile
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
(03-13-2011, 04:13 PM)Shock Wrote: lol I just noticed that "Grammer" in your sig is spelt wrong...

"GrammAr" is the correct way to spell it ;)

Also, I agree that this award would be issues to too many people.

Please try again Smile

Thanks, I meant to change that, I was writing from my phone and I noticed that mistakes, but was too lazy to change it. Anyways, thanks buddy.
Active

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF Feather Award No Longer Available Omniscient 103 26,204 10-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,847 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  [Suggestion] Sticky Award Cronus 11 2,259 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,795 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Writing Award? Metapod 62 16,823 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Deity