Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Something to 'push' SF forward?
We're coasting right now. But I agree. Something to invigorate the members would be nice.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Coasting is the word I was looking for. Any new plans? Especially with our 5,000th member milestone coming, it'd be sweet.
(03-20-2011, 07:36 PM)Laugh Wrote: Coasting is the word I was looking for. Any new plans? Especially with our 5,000th member milestone coming, it'd be sweet.

That was hit around a few minutes ago. I'm all for something to promote SF though. I'm coming out with a new Firefox theme soon, and it's dedicated to SF. I'm going to try and submit it towards Mozilla to get it accepted as an official theme install when i'm finished .
(03-13-2011, 09:21 AM)Laugh Wrote: Right now it seems as if...Support Forums is just "where it is." Nothing ias being done to push it forward. It is just carrying out its daily routines of posting. I know, I know "omni and the staff are busy," but what I'm saying is maybe during their freetime something can be setup? A contest for best youtube video? Most legitimate referrals? Most helpful posts in a short period of time? Make a new award nomination thread? Maybe accept/deny some of the pending groups?

I'm not sure if youtube videos even help that much. Most helpful posts in a short time could get out of control and might become annoying. If there was a new award nomination thread then you should only be able to nominate someone else. Accepting or denying pending groups is a good start, and I think a referral contest could help as well. Not sure what else could help other than maybe some advertising on other forums. Maybe we could use another staff member too.
Yeah, i've posted like 3 or 4 video tutorials by now lol promoting SF in all of them. I'm sure i've done more video tutorials for SF than any other member here. I haven't seen too many around.
(03-20-2011, 09:18 PM)Infinity Wrote: Yeah, i've posted like 3 or 4 video tutorials by now lol promoting SF in all of them. I'm sure i've done more video tutorials for SF than any other member here. I haven't seen too many around.

I think I've only done one. I'd do more but I don't know what I'd do them on. That would actually be a great competition. Who can create the best video tutorial and all of them have to say, "Made for Support Forums" or something like that at the beginning.
A bit of a late response, but I feel the same way. My post count on a daily basis has decreased drastically because of the same routine that I have been going through, here on Support Forums. It is a great community, with much potential, but there has been no spark. Hopefully we can come up with an idea that will help Support Forums get bigger, better, and motivate members' dedication.
I'm going to make a video tutorial with audio soon.

I also think groups could use some upgrades. Some ideas I have are:
  • A separate forum for each group to discuss things
  • The ability for group leaders to create/give out an award that only pertains to his/her group
Not really sure what else but that's a start.

I think we should just have a "News" forum and a separate "Suggestions" forum. The Suggestions forum should have at least one moderator that keeps an updated list of past suggestions and if they were denied, accepted, in progress, etc. I've seen this done at a separate forum and although it can be a bit tedious it's also pretty rewarding.
(03-20-2011, 09:35 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: I'm going to make a video tutorial with audio soon.

I also think groups could use some upgrades. Some ideas I have are:
  • A separate forum for each group to discuss things
  • The ability for group leaders to create/give out an award that only pertains to his/her group
Not really sure what else but that's a start.

I think we should just have a "News" forum and a separate "Suggestions" forum. The Suggestions forum should have at least one moderator that keeps an updated list of past suggestions and if they were denied, accepted, in progress, etc. I've seen this done at a separate forum and although it can be a bit tedious it's also pretty rewarding.

I second this idea. A sub forum for each group thread will keep discussions and applications separated, for better organization.
Maybe a firefox/chrome plugin? "The Support Plugin" and it'll simply redirect them to the emotional support area so they can post as a guest. Then they'll join once they see the great support.

(03-20-2011, 08:44 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: I'm not sure if youtube videos even help that much. Most helpful posts in a short time could get out of control and might become annoying. If there was a new award nomination thread then you should only be able to nominate someone else. Accepting or denying pending groups is a good start, and I think a referral contest could help as well. Not sure what else could help other than maybe some advertising on other forums. Maybe we could use another staff member too.

Yeah, your right. People don't type "help me" on youtube and stuff. It might not help that much. And I agree with nominating other people. I've also been making sure other communities I'm on know about SupportForums.