Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Does anyone else miss cheatcodes?
Remember when most games had button-command cheat codes? I feel like now we have to buy these types of features through DLC, preorders, and hacks. While I enjoy my gaming experiences without cheats it is always fun to go back after you finish and play with god mode and all weapons/ammo, etc. I guess this is mainly aimed towards consoles since most pc games have command consoles. I just miss being able to pause my game and put in a 98 button command that gave me the powers of a virtual god. From Reddit.
I surely remember, those were the days! Now that they have all these hacking methods, (jailbreaking, jtags), cheatcodes have basically just advanced.
Active
(03-12-2011, 07:20 PM)GrammarPhreak Wrote: I surely remember, those were the days! Now that they have all these hacking methods, (jailbreaking, jtags), cheatcodes have basically just advanced.

This is true in a way, but not exactly the same thing as a cheatcode.

I miss cheatcodes a little bit, but on the other hand I kinda don't because I liked doing things legit.
(03-12-2011, 07:39 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: This is true in a way, but not exactly the same thing as a cheatcode.

I miss cheatcodes a little bit, but on the other hand I kinda don't because I liked doing things legit.

I mean once you beat the game/get bored how fun it was to enter a 50 character code to have god mode with a rocket launcher. Like in GTA.
(03-12-2011, 07:42 PM)Laugh Wrote: I mean once you beat the game/get bored how fun it was to enter a 50 character code to have god mode with a rocket launcher. Like in GTA.

Haha yea GTA cheats were the best. My favorite was when you got your sex appeal all the way up, tons of hookers followed you, and then you could kill them with dildo's Roflmao
(03-12-2011, 07:44 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: Haha yea GTA cheats were the best. My favorite was when you got your sex appeal all the way up, tons of hookers followed you, and then you could kill them with dildo's Roflmao

Lmao or getting a bazooka with 5 stars and having the FBI, tanks, and helicopters on you. Good times.
I used to love cheat codes I don't think I will ever forget the GTA weapon cheat lol.
[Image: sinaturee.png]
(03-12-2011, 07:44 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: Haha yea GTA cheats were the best. My favorite was when you got your sex appeal all the way up, tons of hookers followed you, and then you could kill them with dildo's Roflmao

Mike you're messed up. I always used to do the glitch where cars float like balloons and you would do it with a hydra and get in and you'd float past the height barrier.

I let it go for a whole night and I was skydiving for roughly 12 hours. haha
I agree to though, it's always good to have a little fun.
Active
Haha yeah! Those were freakin' sweet. These days you gotta do some modding =\
[Image: iGvZI.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Miss Sega Dream cast Donutâ„¢ 8 2,162 07-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Glamour