Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux--- Some questions....
I would like to know how to learn the file system of linux, and what other things you can do with linux. I found it interesting a couple of years back, but then I stopped messing with it. And which version would be the funniest and the easiest to mess around on if you are just beginning to learn every little detail of linux.

Discuss Please. Smile
which would be the funniest version? :S I'd say people should start out on Ubuntu at first, but Mint is one of the ones that I use often. It's a personal favorite of mine Smile

What do you mean by "file system"? You can do lots with Linux though. The themes and animations are the big ones though i'd imagine.
(03-11-2011, 09:46 PM)Infinity Wrote: which would be the funniest version? :S I'd say people should start out on Ubuntu at first, but Mint is one of the ones that I use often. It's a personal favorite of mine Smile

What do you mean by "file system"? You can do lots with Linux though. The themes and animations are the big ones though i'd imagine.

In a lot of research I have done on linux people talk about file system and commands on how to do things in the terminal. Such as moving files or creating new ones through the terminal.
Yeah, the file system that you have to set your partition on when you try dual booting with Linux is generally ext4. I'm dual booting with Linux Mint 10 on this machine currently. I haven't played around with the Gnome Terminal all that much yet, but it is different.

If you want information on the Ext4 file system here's a useful link to some information:
http://kernelnewbies.org/Ext4
Thanks for that site, there is so much to do with linux versions. Including the themes like you talked about in the previous post. I use to mess with themes all the time, but everytime i would go check someones out on hackforums or here, theirs would be better. Most experience users use Gnome, when i tried to use it; it was a little complicated so i restarted it. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A few Questions. M_a_X 5 1,302 07-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Kotto*N[ix]mouth
  Linux Questions Howell 3 783 10-26-2009, 01:35 AM
Last Post: Tim
  Thinking about switching to Linux questions Howell 4 960 10-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Socrates