Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TUT] How to Manually Remove a Virus [TUT]
(04-06-2011, 07:49 AM)Baked Wrote: Then you just wait it out, because everything becomes detectable after time.

That's definitely not the best course of action, manual deletion would be a much better step.

Anywho, good tutorial.
This is very convenient. Thanks for the share. Didn't know about the registry stuff.
(03-11-2011, 01:08 PM)Infinity Wrote: This won't work 100% of the time, but there's still some useful information in here. I would have cleared up how to export a registry backup before making any modifications in there though in your tutorial. It's always good practice, and you should be doing it anyway for any edits you make, regardless of how risky you think they are.

Nice cutout images by the way lol Smile

Doing it manually is kind of challenging. Back a year ago, I created my personal virus removal tool in autoit language, in there I can check the running process, most method of startups, restore disabled tweaks like task manager, and etc. I am planning to recode it in vb.net language and perhaps help's other users remove malware's easily. The project is not yet started.

For testing, here is the link of my Virus Removal Tool, I hope this helps.
Download:
Code:
http://www.4shared.com/file/DSN8gDsq/Virus_Removal_31.html

Password is
Code:
www.pinoygeeks.co.cc

One note, since autoit is under debate, your antivirus may flagged this program as malware or threat, if you want to try my program, please allow it. All of my programs coded clean.
USB Anti-virus? Try USB Drive Defender
[Image: 8bQCusS.jpg]
I'm used to removing it manually so I won't be using that, I have enough knowledge personally to do it myself. I have for years, fixed blue screens, black screens, bios problems, viruses, worms, adware..
Thanks for this tut .its really helpfull
(04-20-2011, 01:15 AM)aggouras Wrote: Nice but why cope with that and just run Malware Bytes? That doesn't mean your tutioral is not useful. Very interesting and informative on how viruses get in the reg. Thanks.

Because Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is not a godly tool that removes every known malware. Please grasp that, as many people fail to. This is very applicable to instances that concern viruses that are undetectable.
(05-15-2011, 12:17 AM)Quintus Wrote: Because Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is not a godly tool that removes every known malware. Please grasp that, as many people fail to. This is very applicable to instances that concern viruses that are undetectable.
As far as i know SuperAntiSpyware has the biggest signature database
Pretty much like Avira Virus database
But it's only problem that the process is not protected so any Amateur programmer can simply prevent it from running
(05-18-2011, 07:28 PM)Hell Guardian Wrote: As far as i know SuperAntiSpyware has the biggest signature database
Pretty much like Avira Virus database
But it's only problem that the process is not protected so any Amateur programmer can simply prevent it from running

All of what you said is not quite true, Avira is not up there as one of the top antiviruses for it's detection, and neither is Super Antispyware. Not anymore at least, not sure if it ever was in the past though, but they aren't now. Lots of AV's generate false positives too, it's also about accuracy. Superantispyware is decent, but it's not the top as of 2011. Same thing with Avira. Bitdefender is actually the current top AV alongside Norton 360, ESET, and I forget the other. I would agree with Bitdefender, and Norton though, I've had the latest version of Norton, and I had never gotten a virus with it running. People complain about its memory usage, but I use a computer with 8GB of RAM so I never noticed it, and that extra memory to spare, even though it didn't seem like much, you can't make a complaint for security in return.

http://anti-spyware-review.toptenreviews...eview.html

It's more popular because of it's ease of use, not for being the best. Taking into account that around 80% of computer users i'm sure aren't really that computer knowledgeable, and just use it for email/facebook/banking/etc. You can't rely on the public all the time for sources.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2127210,00.asp

Take a look at the users rating compared to the editor's rating, there's my point. And you can never tell if that's the only malware tool they've ever used either.
Quote:All of what you said is not quite true, Avira is not up there as one of the top antiviruses for it's detection, and neither is Super Antispyware.

I'm afraid Avira still is, along with 7 others. It is currently on the fourth spot. You should only look at comprehensive and real comparative sites such as this. Personally, I do not trust other sources as most of the editors do not have the slightest background on malware analysis. As for SUPERAntiSpyware, I would also vouch for it (I speak on personal experience this time). This is one of the programs that is effective and easy to use. Quite similar to the way Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware works. I would, however, only vouch for its effectivity being a scanner.
(05-19-2011, 02:37 AM)Quintus Wrote: I'm afraid Avira still is, along with 7 others. It is currently on the fourth spot. You should only look at comprehensive and real comparative sites such as this. Personally, I do not trust other sources as most of the editors do not have the slightest background on malware analysis. As for SUPERAntiSpyware, I would also vouch for it (I speak on personal experience this time). This is one of the programs that is effective and easy to use. Quite similar to the way Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware works. I would, however, only vouch for its effectivity being a scanner.

That information was effective since February 2011 though. My information was from a couple weeks ago or around the beginning of this month. I never said Avira was bad, I said it wasn't at the top. Even at 4th place on one site for a source of information, it could do better. If we were talking about medals here it wouldn't even get a bronze in that case. SuperAntiSpyware isn't really that good anymore though with all of the up to date malware that we have. I remember it being decent in 2005 but not so much anymore.

You want a reliable source PCMag is one of the top up there. CNET would be another too, and the site that you gave, but that information is almost out to date, for Antivirus information. It's always rapidly changing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hooot.com redirect virus sarasmile 6 2,562 01-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Last Post: RDCA
  Need Help - Virus Untouch 34 9,983 11-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Sam
  {TUT} How to find out if you are infected and clean your PC! TurB0 4 1,511 07-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Last Post: BRSteven
  [TUT] How to download and use HJT [TUT] Irelandrulz2 4 1,652 04-19-2010, 04:51 AM
Last Post: Quintus
  [HJT] I got a virus hinchy 3 1,582 10-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Skawke