Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
100 and Gone.
I've noticed a lot of low quality posts lately.

People just come here from HF, just to get there support feather.
Then they never look back at this forum.
Making like 5 word posts everywhere and trying to rush their 100 posts.

I spent a lot of time getting my posts, I go on everyday at school.
If you look at my posts they all are nice long posts relevant to the OP.

Now it's just people "Yeah that's cool, thanks." on every thread.
or
Begging for stuff like noobs do on HF.

It's just annoying to see that, needed to get it off my chest.

Thanks for reading
[Image: baked1.png]
Yea i probably seem like that as of now, but check my recent threads. I have good intentions for this amazing site. Like the debate team, and i want to help people.
(03-08-2011, 09:05 PM)RDCA Wrote: Yea i probably seem like that as of now, but check my recent threads. I have good intentions for this amazing site. Like the debate team, and i want to help people.

Yeah well, we will just have to see.
You could be, you could not be. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, it's just I don't like how people get the award for just posting.

"I never done this before, I will try it."

Just short little posts that don't even have relevance to the OP.
I really like this place.
I came from HF, and it's really relaxed here.

Maybe too relaxed...
At this rate, it will be 2014 by the time I get 30 posts here.

[Image: photo-11.jpg]
I probably seem like that most of all. :/

I'm not going to lie, I do want the award, but I have no intentions of leaving. I like this site. In general it is more HQ than HF and it has a smaller crowd. I also like how there are hardware and OS forums and stuff. I know that is on HF but this is more directed to just helping people. I'm sorry if I have posted LQ anywhere. Feel free to delete them. Even if I am rushing my posts though, I try to stay HQ.
Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.
-Adolf Hitler

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
-JFK

Now you know how the more dedicated members feel when you see someone from HF come here and announce it in every possible way that they can here Smile On their blog, user title, username, signature, etc.. Even in tutorials it's like an advertisement of their name on HF. Who cares, I doubt people are celebrities here going for grammy awards.
(03-08-2011, 09:52 PM)Infinity Wrote: Now you know how the more dedicated members feel when you see someone from HF come here and announce it in every possible way that they can here Smile On their blog, user title, username, signature, etc.. Even in tutorials it's like an advertisement of their name on HF. Who cares, I doubt people are celebrities here going for grammy awards.

Sure I come on here a lot, but HF is still going to be my main forum.
I just use Baked for my username for everything, it's quite chill.

I just don't like to see users use SF for a benefit on HF.
Sure, I wanted the Support Feather. But that doesn't mean the only reason I came on here is that.

I came on here because it's a good place that you can turn to the internet for support.
(03-08-2011, 11:03 PM)Baked Wrote: Sure I come on here a lot, but HF is still going to be my main forum.
I just use Baked for my username for everything, it's quite chill.

I just don't like to see users use SF for a benefit on HF.
Sure, I wanted the Support Feather. But that doesn't mean the only reason I came on here is that.

I came on here because it's a good place that you can turn to the internet for support.

Very well summed up. You seem like a decent member to me so far. It's more about what people are willing to contribute and learn than what they stand to gain for me. I can tell you I didn't get the support feather until I hit 1000 posts lol, because there's usually a large group of people that come here just for that award. I was lucky enough to prove that I earned the award in a legit sense. And I'm more active on SF now after being around the community long enough Smile
Yea, that sucks.
I also changed my username, so I don't got the same as on HF, just to like minimize the advertising of my own HF profile on here, as I see these as 2 very different places.

I do admit that I actually came here, to get the award, but that's definetly not why I'm staying.

It's a nice place, and I have no intentions in leaving.

I do also think that most of my posts are fairly High Quality.
I believe this will continue to happen until the Support Feather award is removed on Hack Forums.

In the meantime, I recommend you report these posts. In doing so, this will notify a moderator of the low quality posting, and then they will end up here:

http://www.supportforums.net/bans.php