Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[suggestion] Fashion forum
(03-05-2011, 10:11 AM)lolzor60 Wrote: I don't think it would hurt, I just don't see a reason to make a whole forum, that would probably go inactive.
I do get your points though.

True, but thing is it is "PROBABLY or MAYBE" how will you ever no if it doesn't get tried, i at least think there could be a subsection somewhere.
[Image: psychois21.png]
I support the idea of a fashion forum.

~spY[3Mo]
(03-04-2011, 09:39 PM)Psychosis Wrote: Hey, i was thinking maybe we should have a fashion forum because i have been on a few other forums that had one and noticed that with teen's it was actually a really popular section, It could be used for people looking for fashion advice, or anything of the short. I don't think we have a forum that anything have to do with fashion could be posted in so i think this could be a pretty good addition to the forum. Guys and girls both in the teenage years like stuff having to do with fashion if its style, or anything like that.

I really doubt that it would be a popular area here. Men don't talk about fashion all the time everyday, and it would be the same on a forum. The majority of the members here as well are male, so i'm not sure that it would be a good idea.

There's already enough sections for forums here anyway, and we still don't have activity in all of them. The activity level here would just decrease even more if we were to add another forum area. If people have to talk about fasion, they can go to the OSHIT area, or if it's an emotional concern about what they wear, they can go to the emotional support section if they are having issues with their fashion. I think that's sufficient enough for SF.

Btw, I noticed that your signature is missing an "S" in Psychosis lol. Just wanted to let you know Smile Right now you have it as Psychois.
(03-05-2011, 11:07 PM)Infinity Wrote: I really doubt that it would be a popular area here. Men don't talk about fashion all the time everyday, and it would be the same on a forum. The majority of the members here as well are male, so i'm not sure that it would be a good idea.

There's already enough sections for forums here anyway, and we still don't have activity in all of them. The activity level here would just decrease even more if we were to add another forum area. If people have to talk about fasion, they can go to the OSHIT area, or if it's an emotional concern about what they wear, they can go to the emotional support section if they are having issues with their fashion. I think that's sufficient enough for SF.

Btw, I noticed that your signature is missing an "S" in Psychosis lol. Just wanted to let you know Smile Right now you have it as Psychois.
Exactly my point.
Great description.
(03-05-2011, 11:07 PM)Infinity Wrote: I really doubt that it would be a popular area here. Men don't talk about fashion all the time everyday, and it would be the same on a forum. The majority of the members here as well are male, so i'm not sure that it would be a good idea.

True enough, but I think it could get it's own sub forum atleast, and teenage guys do talk about NO where near as much as females your right but they do talk about it some times. Btw thank you for that I didn't notice that thank you.
(03-06-2011, 06:36 AM)Psychosis Wrote: True enough, but I think it could get it's own sub forum atleast, and teenage guys do talk about NO where near as much as females your right but they do talk about it some times. Btw thank you for that I didn't notice that thank you.

A subforum would still be a split in the activity, a sub forum is still another section to click on. Things should be generalized for forums to ensure the maximum amount of activity from it's members. If you split every programming section into a visual basic section, and a source code section, a project download section, and maybe even a help and idea section, that would just be adding a whole bunch of forums for members to have to go through to check for new posts instead of having all of it generalized in say, a Visual Basic forum area.

There's no need for it really.

Think of it this way... 10 people in 10 different rooms, or 10 people in 1 room? Which would be the more conversational, and livened area to be? You CAN have a room for everyone to have their privacy, but people usually stick together anyway unless they hate each other. It's the same thing with forums, if they are similar, they should be together, if they are irrelevant to each other, then they don't go together, and they deserve different sections.
I actually like the idea. I tell you what. Start a thread in Oshit for teen fashion or whatever and let's see how it progresses. If it's a good thread I'll consider a forum/subforum.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(03-06-2011, 12:06 PM)Omniscient Wrote: I actually like the idea. I tell you what. Start a thread in Oshit for teen fashion or whatever and let's see how it progresses. If it's a good thread I'll consider a forum/subforum.
Awesome, i will go do that. Atleast, you pay attention to suggestions, i see where most of these people come from that it may not be to active, but i think it could be.

edit: thread made: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread....#pid172375
I hope we get this section because I got an idea of what to post!
(03-22-2011, 12:49 PM)iMaяᵼọ999 Wrote: I hope we get this section because I got an idea of what to post!

the problem is, if you have an idea it doesn't mean a majority of other members have something to share with a section like this. So far this thread hasn't been too popular with the SF community from the looks of it. The thread created for a fashion discussion got an average amount of activity with many bumps from the original inventor of this idea though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion for this forum Launcher 3 680 07-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Sam
  [Suggestion] General Software forum Codad Law 15 3,482 03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Codad Law
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,440 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  [Suggestion] Poster Award [/Suggestion] Sam 16 3,850 10-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Last Post: DAMINK™
  [SUGGESTION] MOTM [/SUGGESTION] Sam 21 3,182 08-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Sam