Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SF Mentors
(03-09-2011, 04:59 PM)Deltron Wrote: Although you do not reach the post requirement, you are accepted.

If this group is going to be as prestigious as you make it out to be, how can you accept him? It's a low post requirement, he has to meet it imo.
(03-09-2011, 06:06 PM)Laugh Wrote: If this group is going to be as prestigious as you make it out to be, how can you accept him? It's a low post requirement, he has to meet it imo.

The group is only starting, and I accepted Baked so the number of members increases.

I don't believe post count should represent a member's quality, in my opinion.
(03-09-2011, 06:17 PM)Deltron Wrote: The group is only starting, and I accepted Baked so the number of members increases.

I don't believe post count should represent a member's quality, in my opinion.

While that being true, it does show their dedication to the website. I have around 400 posts that I could have gotten in a week. If that was true then post count doesn't matter...but I got it over a period of two months which means I'm here to stay.

I think if you want this group to be any different from the others, you'll need to only let true active, contributing members into it. Less members = more prestigious.
(03-09-2011, 06:20 PM)Laugh Wrote: While that being true, it does show their dedication to the website. I have around 400 posts that I could have gotten in a week. If that was true then post count doesn't matter...but I got it over a period of two months which means I'm here to stay.

I think if you want this group to be any different from the others, you'll need to only let true active, contributing members into it. Less members = more prestigious.

As stated before, I am accepting all members right now to promote activity for the group.

I am subject to remove any member I wish if they violate any of the rules of the groups. If it's not being active without notification , which is the rule I emphasize most, they will be removed.
Do I seem active to you? Tongue

I am on here and making a hosting site + a few forums...

I have been really busy with everything lately.
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
Name: Michael [Quinlan]
Country/State: Pennsylvania, United States
Skills: Writing, Website Development/Showcase/Reviews, Monetization, ... General (OSHIT)?
How you will contribute to the group:
Remain an active member of SF
Promote and welcome new posters
Be open, answer any possible questions, and do so while remaining a HQ member
Want to discuss Google's new Nexus 7 tablet?
Want to try and win Google Play credits and Nexus 7 cases?

Nexus 7 Forums
I would agree that the post requirement should be high for this one. The high quality members aren't going to spam to get a post count higher than i'd say 250-300 posts. Since the majority would be going for the 100 to get their support feather. This would ensure that the members who do join are ones that are dedicated and have contributed a fair bit.

This thread should be open to applications though so I won't go on with a discussion here. Might take a little longer if we could get this group official, but it would add a responsibility for those in the group to keep with their posts decent at the minimum.
(03-09-2011, 07:21 PM)Infinity Wrote: I would agree that the post requirement should be high for this one. The high quality members aren't going to spam to get a post count higher than i'd say 250-300 posts. Since the majority would be going for the 100 to get their support feather. This would ensure that the members who do join are ones that are dedicated and have contributed a fair bit.

This thread should be open to applications though so I won't go on with a discussion here. Might take a little longer if we could get this group official, but it would add a responsibility for those in the group to keep with their posts decent at the minimum.

Maybe get it official and kick some people out? >:]

Thank you for saying around 250-300 Smile

I consider myself high quality, but I just don't post all of the time seeing as I am fairly busy...
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
(03-09-2011, 06:20 PM)Laugh Wrote: While that being true, it does show their dedication to the website. I have around 400 posts that I could have gotten in a week. If that was true then post count doesn't matter...but I got it over a period of two months which means I'm here to stay.

I agree, this group's requirements are way too low right now imo
(03-09-2011, 07:40 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: I agree, this group's requirements are way too low right now imo

Nemmyy is my lover...

Just saying. Oui
NinjaWhistlePirate

Man I am so bored...

I'm going to sleep Smile
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★