Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I get my dog to stop pissing everywhere?
I have two pit bulls, one female and one male.. the way I trained both of them not to piss everywhere was that: Anytime they are running around the house you need to be watching them.. and the SECOND they start pissing snatch them up and throw them outside (or on the piss pad for you). When you go to stop them from peeing, clap your hands or yell.. just something to let them know that what they are doing is bad. Anytime you are not going to be around them in the house, they should be in a crate or outside.

Also, anytime they do piss in the CORRECT place.. make sure you pet them and all kinds of stuff to let them know it was a good job. Both of my dogs were potty trained within a week.

The first step is to get the dog to realize that it is not supposed to piss anywhere but on the pad. Once you can tell they know it's wrong (they'll cower down or try to run away when in trouble) that's when you can give out some harsher punishment. It doesn't do any good to beat a dog that doesn't know why it's getting in trouble.

Hope this helps.
(03-06-2011, 11:58 PM)Infinity Wrote: Not necessarily, it's just easier to train them at a younger age.

I agree..
(05-11-2011, 08:03 AM)KoBE Wrote: I have two pit bulls, one female and one male.. the way I trained both of them not to piss everywhere was that: Anytime they are running around the house you need to be watching them.. and the SECOND they start pissing snatch them up and throw them outside (or on the piss pad for you). When you go to stop them from peeing, clap your hands or yell.. just something to let them know that what they are doing is bad. Anytime you are not going to be around them in the house, they should be in a crate or outside.

Also, anytime they do piss in the CORRECT place.. make sure you pet them and all kinds of stuff to let them know it was a good job. Both of my dogs were potty trained within a week.

The first step is to get the dog to realize that it is not supposed to piss anywhere but on the pad. Once you can tell they know it's wrong (they'll cower down or try to run away when in trouble) that's when you can give out some harsher punishment. It doesn't do any good to beat a dog that doesn't know why it's getting in trouble.

Hope this helps.
Very well spoken Kobe, I hope this helps you OP
[Image: No7g5.png]
(05-20-2011, 10:34 AM)Thoth Wrote: Rumor has it that you don't give a fudge.

Ouch. Thats a hard thing to stop at that age. I had a dog that did that and we didnt know where to start. After a while opf just making the dog move they eventually got used to it. My advice would also be to aknowledge therir signs. When they sniff around take them to the pee place.
Yeah like whiteflame said when you notice that they are prepared for marking then take them outside, get in to the pattern and they will start to go along without you
[Image: No7g5.png]
(05-20-2011, 10:34 AM)Thoth Wrote: Rumor has it that you don't give a fudge.

My dog is 1 year old this month and he doesn't know how to pee..I mean he doesn't put one leg up and lean..When is he supposed to learn it?His father died this year when he was about 6months old...I really miss him.Had him for 7 years ...
[Image: masterfan25805212672368.png]
Strange Music
Try Potty Pads they actually work believe it or not!
My pet used to do this alot till we got him fixed. Walking them for longer also helps.
I would take her and get her checked out. May be something wrong with her that could get even worse if not taken care of.
[Image: witness.png]
HF- Witness
GT- i be Witness
They sell sprays at most pet stores that you spray where your dog pees, and he will stop peeing there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My dog was took away:( INC3PT!0N™ 41 5,860 04-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Last Post: cracker007
  Your Favorite breed of dog? SeaNanners™ 42 6,780 04-16-2014, 04:45 AM
Last Post: Icy
  Dog keeps barking at outside noises Infinity∞ 4 943 12-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Dr.Cooper
  Video of My Dog Crytek 7 1,079 11-25-2012, 05:44 AM
Last Post: Ixam
  My phreak of a dog F3aR™ 31 4,093 03-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Grin