Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux "Showboating"
Hey guys I have been trying to spread my love of linux through my little town Yeye I was wondering whats the coolist things you have ever done with a linux distro? What catches the eyes, mind, and hearts of your friends with this awesome os?Pirate
Solidus, go.
Those with top end computers or a PPC can show-off so much more visual effects than Windows users can. Compiz & Emerald have fantastic effects.
You can also go much more minimalistic than Windows users with certain window managers, such as Fluxbox, enlightenment ect..
I prefer a minimal, tiny desktop. People love it, but have no idea how to use it.
It's open source, free, easier to customize.. I can post so much more if I wanted to.
really a lot of tiny visual effects that many of the programs have can impress people.
(02-24-2011, 09:28 AM)higharc91 Wrote: Hey guys I have been trying to spread my love of linux through my little town Yeye I was wondering whats the coolist things you have ever done with a linux distro? What catches the eyes, mind, and hearts of your friends with this awesome os?Pirate

To be honest with you I don't like Linux, more of a Windows fan Big Grin
But I have tried Ubuntu 10.10 and its cool, Might look into Distro though.
I know what you mean OP.

I've done this to so many of my friends, like look at my computer.
I have it customized to hell, then they're like " YO DO THAT FOR ME ! "

I'm like " I don't think you could handle it, it's quite complicated. "
[Image: baked1.png]
Well, I make it so My desktop is a literal desktop, and have the cube, and rain effect just for show.
My friends are telling me that they love my desktop because of it, and then they tell me to install Ubuntu.

I had one friend who told me it was like Windows Aero. His computer won't boot anymore.
(02-24-2011, 05:50 PM)Solidus Wrote: Those with top end computers or a PPC can show-off so much more visual effects than Windows users can. Compiz & Emerald have fantastic effects.
You can also go much more minimalistic than Windows users with certain window managers, such as Fluxbox, enlightenment ect..
I prefer a minimal, tiny desktop. People love it, but have no idea how to use it.
It's open source, free, easier to customize.. I can post so much more if I wanted to.

Please, write more! I'm interested how awesome the visual effects can get and I might end up dual booting. Show us a video or something.