Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urm... Lol...
Ok so basically I ordered a domain with One.com.

I didn't realize that they didn't offer Whois protection, so I had a talk to one of the support team, and asked for information on how I could get a refund on the domain.

He gave me a link and I requested for a refund, with the reasoning being that I wasn't aware they didn't offer Whois protection.

So I figured everything was fine, I was getting my money back, and planned to just purchase the same domain elsewhere.

I then asked one of the support team when the refund would go through to my bank account, and they told me 3-5 days. I asked a few general questions, one of them being "Can you remove my Whois information while my refund is being processed".

I got told that it wasn't possible because I still own the domain for a whole year. I was confused, as I'd just requested a refund...

Well it turns out, because I wasn't aware that they didn't offer Whois Protection, I get a 100% refund of my money, AND I get to keep the domain name, along with a standard hosting package, for a whole year!

And after 60 days, I'll be able to push the domain to another company with Whois Protection. Smile
I'm quite happy about this so thought I'd tell you all! Roflmao
This is for TGFX I presume? This is good news Big Grin
Nope a different domain.

But I also got TGFX free, only with a coupon instead. Tongue

Not bad eh?
Not a bad start to your webmastering life. Lol Big Grin
That is quite a generous policy.
If your business isn't shady, the only thing whois protection will do is lower your rank on google.
(02-24-2011, 01:45 PM)Crow Wrote: If your business isn't shady, the only thing whois protection will do is lower your rank on google.

Even legit websites attract little kids who wish to do malicious things.