Poll: Good Group for SupportForums?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
6 66.67%
No
33.33%
3 33.33%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Opinions?] Welcome Squad [Not Official]
(02-24-2011, 02:25 PM)Fragma Wrote: This.

If you create a group, then members who aren't part of it will never welcome members.
It's not needed in my opinion.

They can still welcome people but this will be the "OFFICIAL" Welcoem Squad.

Nobody really welcomes people anyways...
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
I support this idea. Not all members have the motivation to answer introduction posts, and it does take time to think of something personal and creative, rather than repetitive. If a group of members decide to commit to it, that's great.

Airlines and restaurants have staff specifically assigned to welcome customers. University research has shown that being welcomed increases the chances of repeat visits -- that's why churches have welcome groups. So long as the posts you forsee are not annoyingly pushy, you have a good idea here.
(02-24-2011, 03:24 PM)Eve Wrote: I support this idea. Not all members have the motivation to answer introduction posts, and it does take time to think of something personal and creative, rather than repetitive. If a group of members decide to commit to it, that's great.

Airlines and restaurants have staff specifically assigned to welcome customers. University research has shown that being welcomed increases the chances of repeat visits -- that's why churches have welcome groups. So long as the posts you forsee are not annoyingly pushy, you have a good idea here.

Why don't you create the group? You welcome the most outa everyone. Big Grin
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(02-24-2011, 03:24 PM)Eve Wrote: I support this idea. Not all members have the motivation to answer introduction posts, and it does take time to think of something personal and creative, rather than repetitive. If a group of members decide to commit to it, that's great.

Why thank you Eve. Smile
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
I think it's a good idea to welcome newcomers.Come on guys make it official group and I voted yes.
I love to welcome new members.
This:
(02-23-2011, 03:19 PM)Shock Wrote: We will be nice and anti-flamers.

contradicts this:
(02-23-2011, 07:07 PM)Shock Wrote: Also, if anyone takes my webmasters group I will steal it and shove it right up their ass.

I agree with the majority. This group seems silly. But I don't knock it. If you want start/join this group then I don't see a problem with it.
Why is this thread still here? This should be closed.

Quote:To start a usergroup here on SF you must create a new application thread. Any leaders or group starters must have at least 500 posts. For a group to be accepted you must have 10 members willing to be part of your group and those 10 members each must have 50 or more posts.
HJT Team. Deltron <3 RDCA <3 Quintus <3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Geek Squad | New Leader | Now Recruiting D3xus 63 20,113 12-27-2016, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Hosting.
  Emotional Helpers Official Group Recruitment BlackChaos 8 2,615 04-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Callum
  Geek Squad Official Announcement Grin 11 3,444 11-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Nickelodeon
  SF Coders Official Group [Applications: OPEN!] BreShiE 214 64,212 06-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Kewlz
  Emotional Helpers [Official Group] -Closed! Sam 260 149,555 05-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Last Post: DAMINK™