Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video Editing Help?
So In a few more years I'll be going to college and getting ready for life, and the problem is how I'm gonna get there. I don't have resources and I've already thought myself Photoshop and designing in general. But now I wanted to get a headstart into Video Editing, and there aren't any resources that I can gather other than the internet. So what I'm getting to is, where can I get resources such as introductions for basics like After Effects or Premiere thing in that nature.

And was wondering if you guys had resources or advice to learn video editing or animation in general. And if you can even teach me through TeamViewer and speak through MSN, Skype someone how please do PM me, but resources are what I'm really looking foward. Thank You guys for reading!
Youtube!

Millions of tutorials on there which are very easy to follow.

(02-22-2011, 06:32 PM)Fragma Wrote: Youtube!

Millions of tutorials on there which are very easy to follow.

Is there one you would recommend, or even books to read? Cause most of the tutorials on Youtube are outdated voiced by 13 year olds and don't really help.
Most tutorials I have seen are all very professional and up to date.

Just search "After Effects Tutorial"

I'm sure you'll find something. Even a Google search will bring up thousands of results.
Tutorials are just there to add to your imagination for creativity. You'll never keep using them, but hopefully you'll get ideas out of them which you can apply to projects of your own and combine. They are all good, and there's tone on google. Take a look, I don't think you looked too hard yet, because I found pages of them with just typing in the right words.

"After Effects Tutorial"

Simplify that search down if you want, but start with specific searches first. Add in your CS version, I have CS5 for example. Go from there.

Before you even use any of the tutorials though, you'll need to know the right and proper way for setting up a project so that you can start creating something. That all depends on what you want though. Youtube video's, etc... Require different video resolutions.
It depends what you're interested in learning. Do not do what above states, searching After Effects Tutorial into YouTube. You'll get tons of tutorials that you don't want to learn. Instead, specifiy your search. If you want to learn text, maybe search something like After Effects Metal Text Tutorial. Good luck! If you need a list of good tutorials, PM me.
just go on youtube. there's tons of step-by-step tutorials
All I gotta say is Google and Youtube, you'll find anything you're looking for on either one of them.
(02-22-2011, 06:38 PM)Fragma Wrote: Most tutorials I have seen are all very professional and up to date.

Just search "After Effects Tutorial"

I'm sure you'll find something. Even a Google search will bring up thousands of results.

First of all you have to know that After Effects is not an editing video software. It's only for making motion graphics, animation etc, and it's very good at that.
The Advantages are many enough to make you want to have it. But a great disadvantage is that it's not interacting good with sound. Other than that it's a great software.
burn avi to dvd mac |how to burn avi to dvd mac
(12-13-2011, 02:03 AM)Glowry Wrote: First of all you have to know that After Effects is not an editing video software. It's only for making motion graphics, animation etc, and it's very good at that.
The Advantages are many enough to make you want to have it. But a great disadvantage is that it's not interacting good with sound. Other than that it's a great software.
avi to dvd mac |convert avi to dvd mac

If you read the original post rather than just reading the thread title, you would see that my post was in fact valid.
Yes After Effects isn't primarily a video editing program, but it does have video editing capabilities, so you're wrong in saying it's only for motion graphics & animation. You're right however in saying it doesn't interact that well with sound.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video Editing Icon 6 1,821 11-24-2019, 09:04 PM
Last Post: samsmithgeek001@gmail.com
  Looking for someone to teach me basic editing Rуan 6 2,735 05-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Deity
  Sound Editing Progam crovaxND0 13 2,180 01-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Pikachu
  Favorite Video Editing Program ? DeathxXxAwaits 59 8,385 01-05-2012, 07:51 AM
Last Post: m4dh4ck3r
  Beginning Video editing ! whyme? 17 3,685 11-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Nexum