Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 new myCodes...
Since this thread is closed, I'll make another different attempt.
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4619

I'm doing something right now, not your buisness what!
And it takes me ages to write it, all I want is the ability to construct my post, using "div" and "span" elements only with allowed style attribute.

Using only those 2 elements with style attribute, gives you alot more place for creativity, alot more control over the way how your content is being shown.

Basiclly that's all I asking for, CSS, with :hover pseudo-class if possible...
and the only 2 elements that are needed "div" and "span"

Omni, please reconsider this, as I fail to see the reason for your "no"...

Thanks!!!

edit:
something like:
[div=border:1px solid red;color:blue;]Content[/div]
[span=border:1px solid red;color:blue;]Content[/span]
I don't understand.

The only difference there would be adding a border or stroke to your text?

You can add color manually.
(02-17-2011, 05:43 PM)Fragma Wrote: I don't understand.

The only difference there would be adding a border or stroke to your text?

You can add color manually.

Using such myCode, where you can input CSS, you can then control which styles this element uses.
You can change background color, add blinking effect, control paddings and margins and much more.
This suggestion (request) comes from a web designer, from that I can tell you.
Css styled content can be awesome and beautiful, if constructed well.

You could also create your own buttons for links in your posts, control how a link is being show...
Well you can do a lot of stuff...

My personal opinion is that this would make pages very annoying to look at. They may look nice if used properly, but there will be no assuring that everybody will use it properly.

(02-17-2011, 05:57 PM)Fragma Wrote: My personal opinion is that this would make pages very annoying to look at. They may look nice if used properly, but there will be no assuring that everybody will use it properly.

IMO, that's why you have Staff...
New rules are being set, and those who don't follow them get warned and post deleted.

btw:
creating annoying content with css can take some time, so I don't see why someone not worth banning would use do it.
I don't think it would be worthwhile. It's only a forum, you're meant to just post with normal writing and not do lots of fancy things. I think it would also look very unprofessional if everyone started doing it.
[Image: burninglove4.png]