Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External hard drive problem..
http://www.hirensbootcd.net/

There you go Smile

Please do a virus and malware scan on it first, just to make sure it's clean. Smile
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Tnx a lot for your time and help mate....i am downloading right now...
[Image: 28b72ba.png]
It's not a problem, it's what the forum is here for, plus i like helping people if i can, i must sleep now tho, so i'll be back on later to tell you the next steps. But give it a go scanning your hdd for errors and what not.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
OK mate.....cu later....
[Image: 28b72ba.png]
try installing the driver for the HD
i encounter that problem with my flash drive.. i found out that eventhough the flashdrive is connected, the computer thinks that it is another device, example.. flash drive F:.. It works fine before I disconnect it, then when I plug it in I encounter the error.. then when I look in my computer the drive F: is still in cache.. For this, you need to restart the computer to delete cache data.. It is different for other pcs with different kinds of ram.. there are rams that refresh itself every now and then so no temporary data is stored.. there are also rams that maintain cache until you turn the pc off..
uh have you scan your computer for malware/viruses??? that could be a issue
if you right click on my computer and go to manage and disk management do you see your hard drive there ?

it happened to me a few months ago that suddenly i could not see the hard drive in my computer and there must have been some errors in the file system or something, i got it fixed with hirens bootcd
Hi dude I myself had the same problem with my USB external HD. sometimes my OS would pick it up & other times it wouldn't what worked for me is I went to control panel/add remove hardware and tried searching for a USB device or HD & then windows would recognise it. I backed everything up that was on it and give it a good format now it works first time every time

B@nNeD
If you see me drunk & passed-out under a table just leave me there I will wake up in the morning & move on Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't boot Computer with external hard drive connected EagerToLearn 6 1,815 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: EagerToLearn
  Partition of my hard drive tofayel521 4 1,080 04-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Last Post: King_Cooper
  Hard drive is fudged please help!!! Codad Law 5 1,073 05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Boomer
  New drive slow Solidify 3 1,980 05-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Boomer
  [Tut]How to Partition a Hard Drive[/Tut] Idiot #1 23 7,062 05-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Last Post: elvinguitar