Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Personally Urgent] - Work Experience
Hi All,

I am currently in year ten at school. A while ago, everyone had to find positions and apply for work experience. At that time, I though not much of it, and did not do anything about it. Now, A few months later its turned around and slapped me in the face... I need to do it now. I'm the only one in the year group without a placement.

Although I LOVE I.T in general, I decided to do hosting in web development as I love doing websites and forum communities. I have found a few places and I now need to find out more and apply if there are positions! There are people in my school that can help, but I want to find out more information and possibly apply on my own, that way I look more professional.

One trouble; I have no idea what to do. Do I call them? Do I email them? What do I say or type? HELP!

Regards for any constructive assistance,

-Groovy
If you'r trying to better yourself, talk to them in person. It will show them you are serious and better your people skills.
Thanks, Thats an idea. What would I say though?
Tell them your situation and assert yourself so they know you are serious. And just be honest.
The biggest worry is not knowing what to say after a response from them - That's why I like emails lol, as they can be changed before sending.

Apparently I need to write a cover letter - What is this?
A cover letter is a "intro" to your resume. It will be on top stating what you are here for and why you want the job and such.

Heres a link... http://www.career.vt.edu/JobSearchGuide/...mples.html
Get some people whom you worked with the past to backed you up.
(01-31-2011, 08:33 AM)mycroft Wrote: Get some people whom you worked with the past to backed you up.

yes that can be a great idea, but for some company they are not of their employees recommendations there are many companies who love to hire employees who passed their company guidelines and interviews. I suggest that if you have some past records see to it that you clear it first, for some company do and require background check such as employment background check on their applicants.
at school for work experience you dont really have to worry about looking proffessional just get the people to help you out that way its done and dusted and you dont have to worry about a thing.I should know best bcause i was in the same boat as you.But you do realise right that when you go to get a job when your older they dont ask you about your work experience you might just have to write it down what you did and they might ask you questions and stuff...............but otherwise i would nt worry about lookin proffessional just get it done thats the main thing
[Image: dating.png]<-----Click Here!!!! Learn how to be the guy that gets the girl + FREE mobile dating
Sell yourself as the BAMF they want.
"Why judge a life you can't change?"
You are an important person who deserves to be happy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College Minor v.s. Real World Experience SamanthaAnne 0 606 07-25-2013, 11:44 PM
Last Post: SamanthaAnne