Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I'm scared to grow up...
Yes, I used to have the same problem. I'm only fourteen. It's good to think ahead, but you shouldn't worry yourself, and don't raise the bars too high to the point where you can't reach them. Just enjoy life, since we're living in the present, and not the future.
(01-25-2011, 12:10 PM)Laugh Wrote: President why is that? The longer you wait the less time you have .

There is advantages to both sides. For your own benefit, there's advantages of getting your loans and other debt paid off before you have to support a family so you can give them a better environment financially, however, you will get older faster, and if you think of it from their perspective they won't get to see you around in life for as long.

Some people can't choose though, I think it would be better off to make sure that you have someone that you would like to spend the rest of your life with. Usually with all the stress and everything at younger ages, it doesn't go as planned and the devorce rate is still fairly big.

The older you get, the more you understand what you want out of life, which may or may not help you in finding someone right for you (the both of you).

As you can see there's good and bad on either side really.
I feel ya bro, you don't wanna let go what you have. Your friends always there for you, your mom always beside you and your dad always watching for you, it's hard but think of it as a good way you know?
Well don't think about out, it's all overrated. Loans and Debts are bad though but if you do not buy many luxurious items.
I know exactly what you mean. My biggest fear is having a career. When I look at everything from afar I wonder what the point is. What is the point of going to school so that I can get into a good college and then spend a bunch of money so I can pay for a good college so that I can make a lot of money to pay off my debt from that college? It seems like a catch-22.

I just wanna live like Christopher McCandles. Urban camping and such. *sigh
You should go into the military, it can pay for college and help you get loans.
(02-06-2011, 08:44 PM)H0p.e Wrote: You should go into the military, it can pay for college and help you get loans.

I have mates in the UK who have joined the military and learned a trade such as electrician or motor mechanic.
Some have even been taught to drive as well.
You really shouldn't be worrying about this at your age, but if you must, the best thing you can do for yourself, is to develop good habits and discipline yourself. Get some street smarts, and if you have that then you should be fine. Don't get something, unless you need it or you really want it above everything else. That's probably the best you can do for yourself at a young age, also do good in school, although it may get boring, you'll thank yourself later when you're rich. Thumbsup
[Image: nt18.png]
You are 1 person out of over 8 billion people on 1 planet out of 8 planets in 1 out of 100 billion solar systems in 1 out of 100 billion galaxies and you are enormously insignificant.

So basically you are trying to run away from you responsibilities? You should not to be do so. This is life and you have to deal with it. Do not think much about future. Live with your present and do whatever you have to do live in present, that's it.
Your just going to have to face it. No one can stop
Age growth. Sorry mate.

Try planning ahead from now. It'll save you along time
To help you in life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help! You are subscribed to this thread Feeling insecure and scared... Sierana 2 965 05-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Last Post: elizabeth28
  Lonely, Scared, Lost. Tau 2 1,150 09-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Last Post: here4Uhere4Me
  Nervous, scared, and confused. Rose Targaryen Tyler 4 1,000 09-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Stevejoseph
  I'm Scared Winter™ 8 1,140 06-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Last Post: ///ViNcE
  Kinda scared... Zyx 6 1,079 10-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Zyx