Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I'm scared to grow up...
(01-22-2011, 09:20 PM)Laugh Wrote: Infinity you mentioned people saving up and then buying a car but that is bad...what do you suggest using it for?

No no, I didn't say it was bad, the point was that people don't make strategic plans to make sure they are saving money thats left over. You need some type of plan for an early retirement unless you want to be working at an older age still.

That was to show that if people do decide to save up and make plans to have money left over, it's usually wasted later on things like that.

Ex: you save $50 000 for a truck over a period of 5 years, you buy a $50 000 truck the same year. You're back at the financial stage you were at, at the beginning of those 5 years, with no money left over, and you end up in debt, paying more than that $50 000 because of interest.

That's generally the way people plan.
(01-22-2011, 09:09 PM)Infinity Wrote: lol your still young, you don't have a clue still. But you'll figure things out soon enough Smile Spending money, isn't the only point of having money. Managing your money wisely is a better reason for having it. Some people need to learn the hard way though, and I don't think you're rich yet.

I never brought up anything about your financial situation so I don't understand why your response included anything about that. Read my post again.

I'm merely pointing out that if you have a steady source of income, there is nothing wrong with spending it. Generally spending on useful things is best but there isn't anything wrong with buying yourself stuff, within reason.

PS it's called an example to make a point.

Just out of curiosity, what do you spend your money on then? or do you plan to die with a large sum left over for no reason?
(01-22-2011, 08:49 PM)Laugh Wrote: Swat stop bragging. This isn't the place for it, no one cares.

See above reply ^
Swat Runs Train Wrote:I'm merely pointing out that if you have a steady source of income, there is nothing wrong with spending it. Generally spending on useful things is best but there isn't anything wrong with buying yourself stuff, within reason.

That's exactly what I just said, in more detail in the posts that i've made, you misinterpreted them. There's nothing wrong with it, but he was worried about being in debt. Your posts had nothing to do with support in that category.

Swat Runs Train Wrote:PS it's called an example to make a point.

Just out of curiosity, what do you spend your money on then? or do you plan to die with a large sum left over for no reason?

I've made more than one example trying to explain my point, but you still interpretted it in your own way for some reason.

I spend my money on the things that I need, and things that would benefit me if I want something else. I'm practical that way. And i'm still a far way off from dying unless something terrible happens to me like a car accident. But no one plans for that, successful people plan for the future. How are you supposed to live a well off life when you plan on being retired if you don't plan for it? Smile

That is my summary of all the posts that i've made so far. Please don't change them into your own meanings through twisting my words around. Show some maturity, and sarcasm won't help. Even if I did end up with a large sum when I die, it would be in my will, and i'd be happy to give it off to someone else if it will make their lives a little easier.

Lookup: Maslow's Hierchy of Needs on google Smile
(01-22-2011, 10:00 PM)Infinity Wrote: That's exactly what I just said, in more detail in the posts that i've made, you misinterpreted them. There's nothing wrong with it, but he was worried about being in debt. Your posts had nothing to do with support in that category.

Swat Runs Train Wrote:PS it's called an example to make a point.

I've made more than one example trying to explain my point, but you still interpretted it in your own way for some reason.

I spend my money on the things that I need, and things that would benefit me if I want something else. I'm practical that way. And i'm still a far way off from dying unless something terrible happens to me like a car accident. But no one plans for that, successful people plan for the future. How are you supposed to live a well off life when you plan on being retired if you don't plan for it? Smile

That is my summary of all the posts that i've made so far. Please don't change them into your own meanings through twisting my words around. Show some maturity, and sarcasm won't help. Even if I did end up with a large sum when I die, it would be in my will, and i'd be happy to give it off to someone else if it will make their lives a little easier.

Lookup: Maslow's Hierchy of Needs on google Smile

I understand the concept of retirement, thanks though Confused

Swat Runs Train Wrote:I understand the concept of retirement, thanks though Confused

Just trying to explain what I meant to say in more detail. If you didn't get my original posts, it must have been unclear to others as well. Smile
Anyways Laugh if you really want to avoid that debt there's ways, scholarships go a long way if you do well enough in school.

As far as a house that one is rather unavoidable, unless you save for quite a while.

As far as money management, usually it comes with age and well, learning the hard way sometimes, you could try practicing some now somehow if you really are that concerned about it.

Infinity is a smart man, you should take his advice and Google search "Maslow's Hierchy of Needs." Learn to manage your money, maybe you can get your parents to cosign a bank account for you and you will be able to save that way. Make sure you look at the bank plans and account types so avoid tons of fees. Even if you get into debt by getting college loans, you can pay off those debts once you get a job. Again that all depends on the type of loans, you should not get a very high interest loan as you could end up paying double what you borrowed. There are plenty of debt forgiveness programs if you decide to teach for a certain amount of years, but that isn't highly recommended. Do good in school, start making charts for money management and set goals and maximum spending limits for yourself. Scholarships are not too hard to get if you do well in school, and as for money management you can teach yourself by enforcing your own rules. A cosigned banking/savings account can help you keep your money managed and earn some interest on it as well.
i am 23 and not real scared of growing up because i have, but one thing that gives me butterflies is the thought of starting a family and becoming a dad. i don't think that i well start a family till i am in my 30's.
[Image: bustedtees.07e3d5a3-8bf6-4c9a-8f85-5bccf2e28120.gif]
(01-25-2011, 10:14 AM)Mr. President Wrote: i am 23 and not real scared of growing up because i have, but one thing that gives me butterflies is the thought of starting a family and becoming a dad. i don't think that i well start a family till i am in my 30's.

yea buddy this family crap is like a horror movie to me...Ninja
President why is that? The longer you wait the less time you have .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help! You are subscribed to this thread Feeling insecure and scared... Sierana 2 965 05-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Last Post: elizabeth28
  Lonely, Scared, Lost. Tau 2 1,150 09-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Last Post: here4Uhere4Me
  Nervous, scared, and confused. Rose Targaryen Tyler 4 1,000 09-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Stevejoseph
  I'm Scared Winterâ„¢ 8 1,140 06-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Last Post: ///ViNcE
  Kinda scared... Zyx 6 1,079 10-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Zyx