Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
I'm scared to grow up...
When you get older you shouldn't be afraid. It's a great thing.
You get to experience many things and feelings that's on the good side.
Just embrace it fully. You're mainly taking your 1st steps in life.
[Image: qMBBR2p.png]
Yea dude thats why you do good in school and get your life setup
You shouldn't be scared. It would seem very difficult in the beginning only because you are new to it, but you should be able to manage everything if you keep your mind straight. Also, dealing with that problem shows what kind of man you are. That change is unavoidable, you can't live as a kid forever. You're going to have to man up and be independent. I'm sure you could do just fine, I have to say that it is kind of normal to be a bit jittery about it but not at that age yet. Relax first, start worrying about it again when you get to junior high. Good luck with growing up.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]
Thanks for the insight Infinity.
(01-21-2011, 08:15 PM)Infinity Wrote: That's the main reason most people are in debt, it's not because they don't have good enough jobs. It's falsely advertised that way. It's because they don't know how to manage it. Lots of people go out and buy doughnuts everyday or treat themselves with things that they don't need way too often. Learn to get the things that you do need, at the cheapest prices, while still maintaining the same quality, and you're set.

Review my first post in this thread for a way to help you out with money management. I never even got an allotted amount of money for lunches like you did. 10% of 20$ is 2$. Save that every week. 2x52 weeks in a year, you're already over 100$. without even having to work. Thats why i'm saying save 10% of all your income, and earnings. It's not hard to make a lot out of it.

Most people don't get that it adds up though.

Can't go broke buying doughnuts when you make 100 grand a year, your income is a large factor.

Anyways Laugh, along with those burdens comes some freedoms, lots of them actually. Mainly your life is yours, no one can tell you what to do or when to do it any more, that's well worth it to me.
(01-22-2011, 05:32 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: Can't go broke buying doughnuts when you make 100 grand a year, your income is a large factor.

Anyways Laugh, along with those burdens comes some freedoms, lots of them actually. Mainly your life is yours, no one can tell you what to do or when to do it any more, that's well worth it to me.

That was an example. as I have explained. People spend too much money on things to treat themselves without caring about how much it will cost, and how much extra they have in their budget. People cut it short, and leave little money left for savings. Not everyone buys doughnuts, and not everyone buys JUST doughnuts, it doesn't matter how much you earn, that doesn't guarantee that you can spend as much as you want without poorly managing it in some way. People with more money tend to spend more on the things they want and STILL don't plan their budget that well. I'm pretty sure that if you had gotten 90% of the people that you know to record their budget, and carefully plan out how much income they make excluding all the deductions from income tax, that they would be almost spending all of it.

Even if they aren't the type of person to spend the majority of their budget, somewhere in the future people usually save up, get a really nice car, and then the savings go to waste anyway. Then you're back where you started.
(01-22-2011, 08:09 PM)Infinity Wrote: That was an example. as I have explained. People spend too much money on things to treat themselves without caring about how much it will cost, and how much extra they have in their budget. People cut it short, and leave little money left for savings. Not everyone buys doughnuts, and not everyone buys JUST doughnuts, it doesn't matter how much you earn, that doesn't guarantee that you can spend as much as you want without poorly managing it in some way. People with more money tend to spend more on the things they want and STILL don't plan their budget that well. I'm pretty sure that if you had gotten 90% of the people that you know to record their budget, and carefully plan out how much income they make excluding all the deductions from income tax, that they would be almost spending all of it.

Even if they aren't the type of person to spend the majority of their budget, somewhere in the future people usually save up, get a really nice car, and then the savings go to waste anyway. Then you're back where you started.

I spend most of my money because it's easy to get more and I do so regularly, is that a problem somehow? that's kind of the point of making money.
Swat stop bragging. This isn't the place for it, no one cares.
(01-22-2011, 08:22 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: I spend most of my money because it's easy to get more and I do so regularly, is that a problem somehow? that's kind of the point of making money.

lol your still young, you don't have a clue still. But you'll figure things out soon enough Smile Spending money, isn't the only point of having money. Managing your money wisely is a better reason for having it. Some people need to learn the hard way though, and I don't think you're rich yet.

I never brought up anything about your financial situation so I don't understand why your response included anything about that. Read my post again.
Infinity you mentioned people saving up and then buying a car but that is bad...what do you suggest using it for?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help! You are subscribed to this thread Feeling insecure and scared... Sierana 2 965 05-10-2017, 09:03 PM
Last Post: elizabeth28
  Lonely, Scared, Lost. Tau 2 1,150 09-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Last Post: here4Uhere4Me
  Nervous, scared, and confused. Rose Targaryen Tyler 4 1,000 09-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Stevejoseph
  I'm Scared Winterâ„¢ 8 1,140 06-22-2012, 11:04 PM
Last Post: ///ViNcE
  Kinda scared... Zyx 6 1,079 10-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Zyx