Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GUI transparancy issues
First of all, i wasn't sure where to post this.
Seeing there isnt a general coding helpdesk (and i'm not the coder of the actual program i don't know how it is coded), but i guess it is coded in c++.

Anyways so the GUI i made has a larger canvas then the actual GUI, this to provide a sort of shadow under the gui.
Now whenever he applies it on his program it gives this white/grey border on the full canvas (so it doesnt have its transparancy anymore).

Does anyone know why this happens and how it can be resolved?
[Image: picjj.png]

Many thanks in advance !
[Image: dVtU9m]

::My GFX Service::
::Easy Highlights GFX Tutorial::
MSN+mail: raain@hackforums.net
I pretty much like it, just the Bold text makes it look a little "impulsive". Apart from that 9/10!
[Image: gviF7.gif]
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters
will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare.
Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky
have u actually read the topic Sad

I like it a lot i think it looks very good.
Look into the native gui apis.
lol! I find it funny that no one even read the thread at all. This isn't the Graphics Review area... The white border is because you were trying to add the dropshadow to the custom GUI though. Is it an image? and what format do you have the image in?

Never tried adding a dropshadow on an image like that to make it part of the GUI, only rounded corners. But for any users that have a windows classic display on their computer or some of the older views in windows, they won't see it that way, and it will look terrible.

Also, remove your link to HF, it's not needed, and take a look at the rules to discover that it's actually against the rules to post things like that here with links to websites with hacking material. Just because Omni owns both does not mean they have to be linked together by every other member that comes from HF. With all of my 1000 posts i've managed not to mention any of my HF links, so i'm sure others should be able to do the same.
that is a beautiful GUI nonetheless
slowly getting better
(01-23-2011, 01:29 AM)Infinity Wrote: Also, remove your link to HF, it's not needed, and take a look at the rules to discover that it's actually against the rules to post things like that here with links to websites with hacking material.

I'm terribly sorry. Removed, also my apologies for the late response.
And thanks for atleast providing me with one decent answer to my question.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with GUI Dolan. 2 1,425 09-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Dolan.
  Color Me , C pure code with GUI Moudi 3 1,451 06-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Fallenour
  [Links] - Making GUI in C++ using DirectX --([-S7N-])-- 3 4,664 05-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Julie
  How to make this code into a gui? myposbussie 2 1,283 10-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Last Post: myposbussie