Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strong wording.
Okay, recently at school we've been reading through a play called "Whose life is it anyway?". This play is about a man named Ken, who has a road accident and is paralysed for life. He fights a legal and moral battle to be discharged from the hospital, as he does not want to life his life as a cripple.

Anyway, in the play, one of the nurses says:

"But surely a man's decision to die is cannot be judged as a symptom of insanity? A man might want to die for perfectly sane reasons."

Now, that statement right there is a strong one.

What do you think about the way that's worded?
(01-14-2011, 10:17 PM)Cee Lo Green Wrote: "But surely a man's decision to die is cannot be judged as a symptom of insanity? A man might want to die for perfectly sane reasons."

I'll overlook the typing mistake (...to die is cannot be...) Roflmao

About the statement, it is very true. Of course, it's not a topic a lot of people like to think about (someone wanting to die for a good reason), but those people and situations are out there, which is sad but true.

Of course, I wouldn't encourage the death of anyone for any reason, but, lets face facts, some people are in situations so bad that death is the only painkiller. Just my opinion though, of course.
"But surely a man's decision to die is cannot be judged as a symptom of insanity? A man might want to die for perfectly sane reasons."

Its so true, for instance you suffer from that, you cannot think good things but to end your life. Many people find it to be the best solution to end all their burdens.
I disagree, wanting to die is almost never sane, most suicides are due to temporary excess levels of stress or irrational thoughts, not many people are in their right state of mind and just decide to die. I can perhaps see it being rational if you are old and feeble, your significant other and kids have all passed on before you, you really have nothing left and nothing ahead of you but as a young individual, there's nothing rational about it.