Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
> How To Delete System Restore Points
(You must only use this feature if you are 100% sure you will not need the old system restore points, because once they have been deleted... they are gone for good!)

Click the Start Button and type CleanMgr and Press Enter;

Choose your Default Hard Drive (normally Drive C) and click ok;

[Image: qqeek1.png]

The clean Manager will now Search through your system for files to delete;

[Image: wbw9cw.jpg]

When Clean Manager is done Calculating, click on clean up my system files;

[Image: xpzc4z.jpg]

And again select your drive;

[Image: qqeek1.png]

It is now calculating the system files to delete;

[Image: wbw9cw.jpg]

Select more option Now click The Clean Up Tab under “System Restore and Shadow Copies”, to remove all but the most recent restore point;

[Image: SnapShot_012820.png]

Hope you found this useful!
[Image: bugsysigpicv5_-2.png]
I didn't even know that tab was there. Thanks for the share, I always like a clean hard drive!
Than kyou but you can also download tuneup utilities and it fixes your comp up very well
Nice tutorial. Decent for keeping hard drive spick and span. Will let my sister know of this! Smile
(01-16-2011, 06:58 PM)RRain Wrote: Than kyou but you can also download tuneup utilities and it fixes your comp up very well

Well i think we all know where i stand on these peograms by now.

there is nothing wrong with the windows 7 built-in utilties.
How much memory to the restore points take up? Nice post btw.
It depends on the tasks before the system restore point has been made ie updates/installation of a program..... it all depends on what actions are being performed, it is difficult to put a figure on it but i would an average of 1GB in some cases but like i said it all depends on the actions prior.
(01-17-2011, 07:10 AM)Jet Wrote: How much memory to the restore points take up? Nice post btw.

It depends on the tasks before the system restore point has been made ie updates/installation of a program..... it all depends on what actions are being performed, it is difficult to put a figure on it but i would an average of 1GB in some cases but like i said it all depends on the actions prior.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with manual Program Files and ProgramData restore Me_Myself_n_I 1 972 08-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Blazin