Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Sigh* Another Rep Solution?
I think that positive and negative rep should be taken away. Neutral rep should be the only rep you are able to give except for Mods and Admins.

In my opinion
1) It will decrease the rep4reps and spam posts/leeched tuts to get reps
2) Neutral reps combined with the anonymous reps (Anonymous Neutral Reps) will result in decreased flaming in the rep given out.

It also should be a requirement to post a link to the thread that the person receiving the rep has helped you/ (or in the case of a negative comment)spammed/scammed/etc. Or if it happened in a PM, post a VERY detailed explanation of why you are giving this rep.
It's my experience that almost anything you do will garner complaints. Even if you remove the reputation system completely. Members do want the ability to give reputations.

Making all reputations neutral is also meaningless because I often get complaints about the actual rep comment. It can be just as abusive neutral as it can negative. Yes the effect is lessened but it's not completely vanished.

And reps are not associated with posts. That won't change.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-14-2009, 05:40 PM)Omniscient Wrote: It's my experience that almost anything you do will garner complaints. Even if you remove the reputation system completely. Members do want the ability to give reputations.

Making all reputations neutral is also meaningless because I often get complaints about the actual rep comment. It can be just as abusive neutral as it can negative. Yes the effect is lessened but it's not completely vanished.

People that complain are the people who just don't get any or only -rep. I support whatever you choice is, even thow i <3 rep.
[Image: wwsigcopy.jpg]
Omni needs to make an announcement saying shut the hell up about reps. .-.;
(10-14-2009, 05:48 PM)Alpha Wrote: Omni needs to make an announcement saying shut the hell up about reps. .-.;

I totally agree!
(10-14-2009, 05:48 PM)Alpha Wrote: Omni needs to make an announcement saying shut the hell up about reps. .-.;

I agree with this, it's getting annoying now to be honest.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
(10-14-2009, 05:55 PM)SF Phantom Wrote: I totally agree!

Zank' you.
Like really suck it up eh?
Yeah, no one PM me about trading rep. I don't do it, I just forward them all to PaNiK Big Grin

Seriously though people quit whining about reps.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(10-14-2009, 05:40 PM)Omniscient Wrote: It's my experience that almost anything you do will garner complaints. Even if you remove the reputation system completely. Members do want the ability to give reputations.

Well then i would just like to complain about this post Smile

Seriously though. Whats all the hoo har about rep. Damn lets all cry? Bebe-pleure Seriously. Its a forum about supporting each other. Not sucking each others rate button.
Keep it leave it. Rate up rate down. Does it all matter?
We are all here hopefully to help each other and grow as a community. Let this topic die already.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neutral rep giving error? D3xus 7 1,386 10-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  we are allowed to ask for rep? +devilpsn 15 2,913 09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Add "don't ask for rep" in the rules. Elektrisk 13 5,067 08-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Why is there a star next to the negative rep number? Annuit Coeptis 1 774 08-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Jamieee
  Rep Patrick 4 1,049 07-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Injection