Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Suicide Prevention
(01-15-2011, 06:38 AM)Solidify Wrote: I already have helped several users. This one exclusively; http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=15047

Also, Omniscient declined my proposal to have this stickied. Apparently it needs more links to professional services because it can be stuck.

Images aren't working there.

Nice OP. I'm sure it will change people mind.
(03-24-2011, 07:41 AM)Soul Extractor Wrote: Images aren't working there.

Nice OP. I'm sure it will change people mind.

The images work fine for me. Must be something on your end.

And thanks.
I hope this thread turns people away from Suicidal thoughts.
(03-24-2011, 11:59 PM)Levi Wrote: I hope this thread turns people away from Suicidal thoughts.

Hopefully, at least stops them to think about it and seek help.
That can be harsh stuff, my friend mom tried to harm herself he been stressed.
I <3 Iceybunneh best friend and fun to mess with!

[Image: iklW6C.png]

Do WerK LeGIT
- Never LIE
- Never CHEAT
- Never SteaL
Thanks for posting this. I'm sure that this will help a lot of people in there futures.
Also, I think people should not neglect the fact that for every suicide, 10 others consider it. Suicide is selfish, don't think of it as a way out, it will cause people you love to be harmed too. There are better ways to deal with any issue; suicide is never the answer.
(03-28-2011, 04:26 AM)Intel Wrote: Also, I think people should not neglect the fact that for every suicide, 10 others consider it. Suicide is selfish, don't think of it as a way out, it will cause people you love to be harmed too. There are better ways to deal with any issue; suicide is never the answer.

Suicide is a desperate act by someone who is in intense pain and wants their pain to stop. That is a HUMAN response to extreme pain, not a selfish one.

Saying that a person who had severe clinical depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, PTSD, or a similar illness was engaging in an act of selfishness when they died by suicide is not only inaccurate, but downright cruel, to both the deceased and suicide survivors.

People such are yourself that use the word “selfish” are merely helping perpetuate the disbelief associated with suicide.

A suicidal action that manifests from intense, excruciating, unbearable pain associated with a serious mental illness has nothing to do with selfishness. Period. It frustrates me when I hear people making such comments, especially when they're oblivious to the facts at hands. Think about what you're going to say before you say it.
Life is not that bad that you need to kill yourself everything can be fixed everyone has it hard.
(03-28-2011, 10:48 AM)Pac Man Wrote: Life is not that bad that you need to kill yourself everything can be fixed everyone has it hard.

Suicidal people don't have that sense of reasoning you have. That's the difference because you and someone who is ready to pull the trigger.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Girlfriend just committed Suicide Modern 28 10,238 03-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Dubai
  Contemplating Suicide. Nonac 3 883 02-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Last Post: System Meltdown
  Suicide Attempted [3x] Winter™ 22 3,412 01-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Delete This Sorry
  Thinking About Suicide :'( I Need Help. Being Bullied At School. -Infectious 35 7,542 12-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Last Post: L-Carnitine
  Suicide Dotty 9 1,690 01-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Shattering -