Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Acceptance
Haven't posted much at all lately so I decided to make a new thread.

I recently finished my college applications and sent them out and have started getting acceptance letters already.

I applied to:
  • Drexel University - Accepted
  • Wentworth Institute of Technology - Accepted
  • Merrimack College
  • UCONN - Accepted
  • SCSU - Accepted
  • CCSU - Accepted

I'm 5/5 so far, goin for 6/6! Big Grin

Anyone else start applyin to colleges?
I opted out on college and went with a trade instead, just as good money around here as doctors etc. without the massive student debt, in fact I was making 28 an hour right out of high school ;)

Anyways, what course(s)/program(s) are you planning on taking?
Swat Runs Train is an Internet business man Tongue

What's your GPA? If you don't mind me asking.
Member Count:1,585
Thread Count:9,626
RF is an off-topic, general chat forum where anything goes.
Complete these requirements and be 1st VIP member {click me}
(12-24-2010, 07:07 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: I opted out on college and went with a trade instead, just as good money around here as doctors etc. without the massive student debt, in fact I was making 28 an hour right out of high school ;)

Anyways, what course(s)/program(s) are you planning on taking?

Yet you could possibly be making $ 200 an hour.
(12-26-2010, 05:12 PM)Tyler8746 Wrote: Yet you could possibly be making $ 200 an hour.

The wage I posted was right out of high school, end of 2011 when I'm done my apprenticeship I will be making about 100 an hour, more if I go oilfield or run my own shop. Please list a job that consistently pays 200 an hour lol. I know some lawyers and consultants will but those jobs are hard to get and you don't actually bill 8 hours in a day, I do. Anyways, I am fine with my chosen line of work, it also isn't my only source of income so I do quite well for myself.
(12-26-2010, 05:27 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: The wage I posted was right out of high school, end of 2011 when I'm done my apprenticeship I will be making about 100 an hour, more if I go oilfield or run my own shop. Please list a job that consistently pays 200 an hour lol. I know some lawyers and consultants will but those jobs are hard to get and you don't actually bill 8 hours in a day, I do. Anyways, I am fine with my chosen line of work, it also isn't my only source of income so I do quite well for myself.

Then thats pretty decent / good due to the economy state right now.
(12-26-2010, 05:31 PM)Tyler8746 Wrote: Then thats pretty decent / good due to the economy state right now.

Economy never really got that bad here in Canada.
(12-26-2010, 05:27 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: ... it also isn't my only source of income so I do quite well for myself.

I'll bet Swat's loaded by now with all those "side projects" he works on lmao.

On topic: Congrats on getting accepted!

I have applied, was accepted, and am in school right now.

Thinking about a degree in Finance..
I fudged up my junior year. Got like a 1.6 GPA. I procrastinated way too much in all of my AP classes. I ended up getting into only one CSU. I didn't want to go there so i'm going to CC and I'm gonna transfer. Don't procrastinate kids, that's the lesson here haha.
Good luck with your acceptances.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College essay? Miku 11 2,824 11-05-2013, 03:25 AM
Last Post: ElizabethLopez
  College Minor v.s. Real World Experience SamanthaAnne 0 606 07-25-2013, 11:44 PM
Last Post: SamanthaAnne
  College before military. pantherspwn 5 2,142 03-07-2012, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Starbreak
  College time BlackChaos 14 2,539 02-16-2012, 05:13 AM
Last Post: ///ViNcE
  Good College for Web design? Blueprint 1 1,029 02-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Listen