Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wanting to start skating.
Hey guys, so i am wanting to start skateboarding, so i would like to know a few things. 1) can i do it even though im alittle over weight? one reason i want to do it so i have something to do to keep active. 2) what kind of gear should i get? 3) how hard is to learn to skate. i use to do alittle BMX.

thanks guys.
[Image: psychois21.png]
1.) Depends on your weight. If you do not mind me asking, how much do you weigh?
2.) Helmet and pads (unless you're to cool for them, but I recommend getting these if you are going to a skate park with huge ramps)
3.) Not that hard. Must have good balance though.

^^
(12-19-2010, 10:24 PM)Orgasmic Wrote: 1.) Depends on your weight. If you do not mind me asking, how much do you weigh?
2.) Helmet and pads (unless you're to cool for them, but I recommend getting these if you are going to a skate park with huge ramps)
3.) Not that hard. Must have good balance though.

^^

im 6'3 / 6'4 and weigh 250/260 and have a decent amount of muscle but have a gut at the same time ya know? as i said i want to lose the gut thats one reason im getting into this because its something to keep me active. so preety much im not skinny but im not horribly fat.
You should rollerblade instead. It is better exercise.
[Image: idgjkO.png]
well no you can be fat as all hell and still skate juss go down to your local shop with around 120$ and ask for some help building a board and im sure you will be fine (pat of the money is for a helmate that you wont look dumb in) no its not hard to start juss take it kinda slow know if your going street or vert
Also another thing what are some good brands? iv heard Elements are really good.
1) Yes you can.
2) Just a skateboard. Deck, wheels, trucks, bearings, griptape.
3) It's pretty hard at first, especially the kickflip. Just keep practicing and you'll eventually get tricks down good.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

this is the board i plan on getting

\

Blank Black Skateboard Deck - 8.0 - $26.95

Venture Curtin Pro Low 5.0 Skateboard Trucks (Set of 2)- $19.48

Darkstar Light Knight Black Marble/Grey 51mm Aircore Skateboard Wheels (Set of 4)-$16.48

Lucky Jackpots Tube Bearings - $9.95

Independent Genuine Parts 1" Phillips Hardware- $2.95

Element Rough Logo Grip Tape- $4.76

total: $80.57

seem like a preety good deal? i had one of my friends helping me out hes a skater.
Definantely get a helmet, I've personally seen when someone falls down on to his head and got an epilepsy attack cause of it.
Ya i will probably get a helmet, i have had multiple head injuries though. i have stitches all through my head so i keep long hair so you cant see them.