Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved Please Close] My DVD drive reads music but not install disks.
My DVD drive reads music but not install disks. You know like install disks for games and whatnot. I've searched everywhere for this but can't find any help.
Checks your dics, they might need cleaning and clean out your dvd-drive.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Yeah alread did both. The disks work on all of my other computers just not this laptop.
And I have already tried the whole go to the registry and remove the upper and lower limits. They weren't there so there was nothing to remove.

Thanks for your suggestion though.
Maybe it's a dodgy drive, other than that i'm not too sure on how you'd go about fixing it.
Have you tried updating your hardware drivers? Find out the model and go to the website and check.
You could also roll back the drivers if possible.
Went ahead and tried that iBf. The issue seems to continue.
Can't you just replace the dvd drive??
I guess I could but I don't have a laptop dvd drive lying around. LOL! Plus I was trying to get this one fixed as opposed to just throwing it out. It was working two days ago as normal and all of a sudden, pouf! Suckage! Like I said it still plays CD's (music). I'm sure it's a software problem.
Have you tried it on a diffrent system if it's external?
It's internal unfortunately. Like I said I've looked everywhere for this problem (all night actually). I just wondered if someone on here would give me something I haven't tried yet.
Thanks for your help. If you think of anything else let me know.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laptop no longer sleeps when I close the lid Solidify 6 3,661 12-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Solidify
  Need help with my CD/DVD Drive FaDeD-NiNjA 4 991 08-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Last Post: FaDeD-NiNjA