Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Paid Antivirus?
You can get any full version anti-virus these days because of all the hackers and users who just give them away. I got Eset which is good.
I <3 Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 but I have only heard good things about Avira AntiVirus
[Image: 15429773.png]
I use AVG, I love it because Norton gets on my nerves and so does Avira.
Eset Smart Security 4 Thumbsup
Some say it's kaspersky IS, some say It's AVG IS 2011, I say: If you're dumb enough to get infected don't use the interwebs.
[Image: leaocomletras2.png]
Hurt the one you love and you'll be hurting your life. 'Nuff said.
I would have to say Kaspersky, BitDefender are some of the best AV's for their detection rates. Norton360 is also good if you're willing to pay for it, and without being judgmental of it's computer usage, it also detects quite a bit to keep your computer safe and secure from my experience. Easy to configure as well with program rules, and file exceptions. Same thing with it's firewall.
I use the McAfee Virus protector that my aunt bought me, it;s pretty good.
[Image: sigservice212.png]

(03-10-2011, 03:42 PM)Infinity Wrote: I would have to say Kaspersky, BitDefender are some of the best AV's for their detection rates.
agreed. Those 2 along with VIPRE Antivirus + Antispyware are what I would recommend.

(03-10-2011, 03:42 PM)Infinity Wrote: Norton360 is also good if you're willing to pay for it, and without being judgmental of it's computer usage, it also detects quite a bit to keep your computer safe and secure from my experience. Easy to configure as well with program rules, and file exceptions. Same thing with it's firewall.

I have a hatred of Norton lol.
I would never recommend it. As you said it''s computer usage does really affect your computer.

(03-10-2011, 03:43 PM)мιкe Wrote: I use the McAfee Virus protector that my aunt bought me, it;s pretty good.

I like McAfee but once it let in a virus on my computer I never used it again. lol
It was one hell of an evil virus.
Now they send me emails all the time trying to make me subscribe to them again.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
Lmao Norton is the worst thing after, after MSE.
[Image: leaocomletras2.png]
Hurt the one you love and you'll be hurting your life. 'Nuff said.
(03-10-2011, 03:47 PM)Untouch Wrote: I have a hatred of Norton lol.
I would never recommend it. As you said it''s computer usage does really affect your computer.

Yeah, lots of people hate it, but the configuration for the program is fairly simplistic, and you can't beat security when it comes down to using up computer resources Smile

I actually don't find it that bad when I had it on my computer. It doesn't use up a lot of RAM or CPU for me. But most people have around 2-4GB of RAM. I have 8GB on a 64bit machine. It hasn't gone into unresponsive mode for me at all. Never had an issue with that or it causing a non-responsive process from using up too much memory or cpu.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ★ ★ ★ Top Ten FREE AntiVirus Software ★ ★ ★ Butters 129 46,653 12-19-2014, 05:21 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  I need a free Antivirus w/ file scanner! Scalise 25 4,630 03-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Existence
  Mega Thread: Firewalls, Antivirus and Other security tools Linxy 3 1,822 06-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Last Post: LiamLC
  Top 10 antivirus software [Must have] Notorious Mental 48 11,994 05-19-2011, 07:07 AM
Last Post: VinceB
  AntiVirus Security Programs Uninstall Utilities/Tools Bugsy 2 1,430 04-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Last Post: prince of persia