Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[read] Hearing loss [read]
Hearing Loss

30% - 35% of all teens have hearing loss. It's not what you think. "Oh, when i get old, thats when i will lose my hearing." It is not like that at all. You lose your hearing over time. That's why many elderly people are hearing impared.

Things like this will harm your hearing within seconds: Live performances (not to ruin the fun), Headphones (man i love them, the ones that block the sound from coming out are worse. Like skull candy), Guns, Screaming and Cotton swabs (used to clean your ears)

Turn down your headphones. Or stereo in the car. Leave it at a level that you can hear. Not one that fries the hairs in your ears. (In an ear, there are many parts. One bone that hits another. Then that one vibrates the other, which the air then passes through the ear drum. Frying of the hairs happens when you have the music to loud or to close. Perferably; you should have it about 10 ft. away from your ears. If headphones. Don't listen to them for more than an hour straight. Or you will feel a ringing in your ear. The ringing indicates hearing loss or permanent damage to the ear drum.)

Decibals:

0 db: Air

30 db: Library voice

60 db: Talking normal

80 db: Yelling, Car

90 db: Closed place running a table saw (woodshop)

100 db: Headphones put in your ears. (very dangerous)

120 db: Don't go near this environment.

145: Bye bye. Your deaf.

Listen smart so you can hear things today. And hear things in the future. Like i want to hear my son/daughters voice when he/she says his/her first word.

Ear plugs are: $.50 at the dollar store. (lol) Things like cotton and toilet paper don't help at all.

Sounds i would miss: Family, friends, xbox (chat), nature.

Sounds i would necessarily wouldn't really miss: Alarm clock, bell between classes.

You make the decision. Big Grin Stay Positive.
Damn this is crazy, makes u think lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kony 2012 - Please Read Fragma 26 2,960 03-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Gootch
  "Laugh" Threatening me and my family! [MUST READ} BreShiE 50 5,314 08-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  (ADMIN PLEASE READ) Lol K 2 507 07-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Omni PLEASE READ! Lol K 11 1,185 07-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Kyle FYI™
  Could an staff read this? Hatashi 9 1,200 03-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Last Post: wtftwice