Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coworkers getting to me
First
I expect to much of people especially people I consider friends or atleast want to call a friend. The later being people at work. I know i tend to over react, i'm not emotional unstable but i wear my heart on my sleave. Is that a contradiction?

Situation
Lately I see my two "friends" whispering and not leting me in on what there talking about ( so half the time I'm paranoid and thinks it's about me so). We're suppose to be a clique. Today they left early while I was in the back room and didnt even say bye or have a good weekend and thats making me feel like they just ditched me. We're all use to one of us leaving early especially on Friday's but for both of em to leave like that is really eating at me. It got to me so much i drank half a bottle of jack just to numb myself (i never drink at home). Should I Just stop bothering with these two? It'll be hard to be around them and cut em off, eventually I'll give in without them even caring what got me upset in the first place. Little things like this have just been adding up. What the H should I do?
I've been in your situation, not exactly though.
What I'd do: Confront your two "friends" and see whats going on.
From there you should know what to do.
Thats the plan for Monday. Gonna be hard to actually say that it hurt. After they ditched I sent a message saying "WTH you ditched me" and got we're at a bar with the cool people. To bad you couldn't come. 95% sure it was a joke but you never know.
(12-10-2010, 09:16 PM)emcmike Wrote: Thats the plan for Monday. Gonna be hard to actually say that it hurt. After they ditched I sent a message saying "WTH you ditched me" and got we're at a bar with the cool people. To bad you couldn't come. 95% sure it was a joke but you never know.

If that's really what they replied with, those aren't real friends.
But hey, see what happens Monday. Don't try to emphasize too much that it hurt, but that it wasn't right.

Well my reply was "That's not cool. Your both dead to me." The dead part is what i usually say when I feel wronged (say it all the time).

Oh well only two ways it can go from here. I'll probably bottle it up like usual anyway.
(12-10-2010, 10:20 PM)emcmike Wrote: Well my reply was "That's not cool. Your both dead to me." The dead part is what i usually say when I feel wronged (say it all the time).

Oh well only two ways it can go from here. I'll probably bottle it up like usual anyway.

If the situation turns for the worse, don't bottle it up, best thing is to forget and move on.
The most important step in a situation like this has already been brought up, to confront them. I had a problem with someone talking behind my back, it always bothered me that he would never say it to my face. I confronted him about it, and now it doesn't really bother me. He isn't a friend anymore, but at least I don't have to think about it anymore.
Talk to them about what they're doing, any other comments just ignore them.
bob
I've been through this before and I just forgot about them and moved on as much as I wanted to stay friends. Our situations were pretty much exact.
I have been feeling like you lately, how good of friends are you?