Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will this computer be good?
(12-04-2010, 10:40 PM)Dexdrex007 Wrote: i see two flaws.

Don't get a Sata II HDD, get Sata III , i prefer 1TB WD Caviar Black 6.0GB/s

2nd
get OCZ Vertex 2 120gb, not that gskill.

for the Ram. don't get anymore than 6gb. actually 4gb is enough. the only thing why we get 6gb is because for triple channel. getting more than 6gb is idiotic. it will be good as paperweight.

and if you have more money, get 6870.

SATA II hdd dont even make use of the full SATA II. SATA III hdd dont even make use the full bandwith of SATAII. With mechanical drives theres no difference between SATA II and III.

Only difference is a 20usd price tag where SATA II drive is just as fast

The new specification contains the following changes:

* 6 Gbit/s for scalable performance when used with SSDs
* Continued compatibility with SAS, including SAS 6 Gbit/s. "A SAS domain may support attachment to and control of unmodified SATA devices connected directly into the SAS domain using the Serial ATA Tunneled Protocol (STP)" from the SATA_Revision_3_0_Gold specification.
* Isochronous Streaming command Native Command Queuing (NCQ) streaming command to enable isochronous quality of service data transfers for streaming digital content applications.
* An NCQ Management feature that helps optimize performance by enabling host processing and management of outstanding NCQ commands.
* Improved power management capabilities.
* A small low insertion force (LIF) connector for more compact 1.8-inch storage devices.
* A connector designed to accommodate 7 mm optical disk drives for thinner and lighter notebooks.
* Alignment with the INCITS ATA8-ACS standard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA

Please stop this bullshit with SATA II and SATA III mechanical drives your wasting your money because you dont know better
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
3DMARK11
(12-29-2010, 10:40 AM)Klinc Wrote: SATA II hdd dont even make use of the full SATA II. SATA III hdd dont even make use the full bandwith of SATAII. With mechanical drives theres no difference between SATA II and III.

Only difference is a 20usd price tag where SATA II drive is just as fast

The new specification contains the following changes:

* 6 Gbit/s for scalable performance when used with SSDs
* Continued compatibility with SAS, including SAS 6 Gbit/s. "A SAS domain may support attachment to and control of unmodified SATA devices connected directly into the SAS domain using the Serial ATA Tunneled Protocol (STP)" from the SATA_Revision_3_0_Gold specification.
* Isochronous Streaming command Native Command Queuing (NCQ) streaming command to enable isochronous quality of service data transfers for streaming digital content applications.
* An NCQ Management feature that helps optimize performance by enabling host processing and management of outstanding NCQ commands.
* Improved power management capabilities.
* A small low insertion force (LIF) connector for more compact 1.8-inch storage devices.
* A connector designed to accommodate 7 mm optical disk drives for thinner and lighter notebooks.
* Alignment with the INCITS ATA8-ACS standard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA

Please stop this bullshit with SATA II and SATA III mechanical drives your wasting your money because you dont know better

i stand corrected then. Big Grin
it's way better than mine, that's for sure.
You should get more RAM, I agree 6gb it's enough but you need to keep in mind that everyday every program update requests more RAM and video.. A perfect example is Photoshop. Also nowdays laptops comes with 4gb ram, in 3 years they will come with 8gb and so on.. you need to think about a future investment so It will last for some nice time..
Stop the Bleeding|Rescue is Possible|Love is the Movement
[Image: 70315.png]
|Hope is real,Help is real|
It looks rather astonishing, more Random Access Memory (RAM) as many others suggested could make it fast. It looks prettylegit therefore I'd say, good luck!
A solid build for the price. Good luck with your build.
I have purchased the computer off a different site. I changed some parts and may post them in a new thread.
[Image: apoc.png]
(01-07-2011, 02:20 PM)Reviewer Wrote: It looks rather astonishing, more Random Access Memory (RAM) as many others suggested could make it fast. It looks prettylegit therefore I'd say, good luck!

no it doesn't.. most people even struggle to use 4gb of ram.

buying more than 4gb of ram would be idiotic. plus upgrading ram should be the least of your worries, its very easy to upgrade it.

for now, getting ram more than 4gb will only act as paperweight to the system.
It looks like a nice computer. Consider more RAM as users above listed.
[Image: 90a3c041ba67986bba73809142fc38db.png]
MSI Tallon Attack way better than the 460 version.

Mobo dont excist
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
3DMARK11