Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will this computer be good?
its a good computer but i recommend a bit more ram and a little more memory overall
Definitely get more ram, but besides that, yeah.

Looking good.
bob
(12-12-2010, 03:59 PM)Blacklite Wrote: Definitely get more ram, but besides that, yeah.

Looking good.

i don't know where your getting your facts that getting more ram will be better for this build. 4gb is enough actually. the reason why get 6gb is only for the triple channel rams which the i7 1366 supports. getting more than 6gb ( so probably thats making his ram 9gb or 12gb) is idiotic and will be just a paperweight.

if he needs to upgrade a part. its the GPU.
Just as what Dexdrex said, change your HDD. Go for the best.
Your computer will be da'bomb! Big Grin
$1714.00 you spent on a setup that will give you 30fps in Metro which is a Dx11 game.

That card is DX11 but a very weak one. Future games thats coming out are going to make use of the dx11 api more and more where you will sit with a card that produce 30 fps on 1280x1024 resolution.

<30 FPS - very limited gameplay

30-40 FPS - average yet very playable

40-60 FPS -good gameplay

>60 FPS - best possible gameplay

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
3DMARK11
Good choices on everything, and I'm glad you didnt go for 8/12GB of ram like most people do on threads like these.

The PSU seems to be kinda' underpowered compared to the rest of the hardware though? Why not get a 1000W in supply?
[Image: 2dkepur.jpg]
Your girlfriend thinks I'm handsome.
(12-22-2010, 06:41 AM)SehCure Wrote: Good choices on everything, and I'm glad you didnt go for 8/12GB of ram like most people do on threads like these.

The PSU seems to be kinda' underpowered compared to the rest of the hardware though? Why not get a 1000W in supply?

hes pulling a single gpu not supplying power to his home lol

http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

What you get x2. If you get between 400 and 500 anything from a 750 will be good enough. Youll have headroom and you will save power on your powerbill
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
3DMARK11
Pretty beast computer mate!
It's just pretty expensive IMO :/
(12-02-2010, 04:16 PM)BigBadSoft Wrote: I agree with Heli0s, I recommend getting mroe RAM as well, otherwise, nice buy!

I agree with Heli0s too but not with you he doesn't need more than 4 gb ram you tell him to get more then 6 lol... He wouldn't be able to use these 6 dude.