Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intel GMA Graphics Cards
(11-29-2010, 09:27 AM)Ristov Wrote: I wouldn't recommend buying an INTEL graphics card for gaming. I've had one and the FPS (frames per second) will probably range between 20 and 60. If you buy a NVIDIA or RADEON graphic card, FPS would probably range from 98-100 with some tweaking of course. You can get nVidia GT 9500 with 1GB Video Memory for about $74. You will be satisfied.

I agree with Radeon being a good graphics card, since, in general they have some of the best video cards out there. but you're wrong about intel because your generalizing graphics cards by brand, when the main quality is truly based on the specs regardless of the brand. from memory, and pixel shader version support, directx support, etc... It has nothing to do with being Intel or Nvidea or Radeon. Mostly it depends on the core and the clock speeds on the core.

Nvidea can have cards where you'd play games at 20fps, just like intel, and they can both range up to 60 and higher, just like any other card.
(11-29-2010, 07:09 PM)Infinity Wrote: I agree with Radeon being a good graphics card, since, in general they have some of the best video cards out there. but you're wrong about intel because your generalizing graphics cards by brand, when the main quality is truly based on the specs regardless of the brand. from memory, and pixel shader version support, directx support, etc... It has nothing to do with being Intel or Nvidea or Radeon. Mostly it depends on the core and the clock speeds on the core.

Nvidea can have cards where you'd play games at 20fps, just like intel, and they can both range up to 60 and higher, just like any other card.

I agree, you should look at a product's specs before concluding it sucks just because of its brand.
ofcourse it won't be good. that is integrated.

get atleast a 5670 or better like 5770, 6850 or 6870 if you have the money.

and don't get prebuilt. get custom build.

and 5450 is still crap. that won't even run Black Ops.

if you want a good custom build, PM me.
Well I don't suggest you buy from this brand better get ati or nvidia, I don't like these I have a friend who has a laptop with intel card and minecraft lags on it.
Yeah you dont need to go all out, just a cut above the basics.
not ma3x. Hence he said "don't buy from this brand, get ati or nvidia" so basing from what he said he probably thought intel gma are dedicated gpu.
where did my previous post go?
(11-28-2010, 07:06 PM)Infinity Wrote: Intel and Radeon seem to have some good cards for gaming. NVIDEA usually isn't idea for gaming, but some are decent to play with. With my purposes, I don't need a powerful graphics card, but i've also never played World of Warcraft or anything on my computer.

OP no and no.

Intel IGP are shader model 3.0 with 5.3 pixels per clock.
It runs on the old pci bus with 8 shader units with a bus with of 128mbit and are dx 9c compatible.

Just to give you a clue how poor this is todays gpus have over 800 shader units on the gpu. Remember a shader unit are almost like mini cpu cores. Games like Juice 2 and older will run on it on low settings.

Then for the guy who said nvidia isnt for gaming im going to ask have you ever heard about the GTX 580?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
3DMARK11

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Click4Support Scam Alert: Be Wary of Gift Cards TobyCordova 0 414 01-27-2015, 03:08 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  Intel vs AMD Deltron 59 18,247 04-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Crystal
  Intel VS AMD º¤øĐőŘđĘø¤º 37 6,354 09-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Lazydude2000
  Two Video Cards, which is better? heretician 11 1,968 01-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Last Post: MarkW7
  Graphics cards bloodrain2011 6 812 01-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Last Post: kaigen