Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reporting in Rep?
Wow, you two make a good point. Maybe a system where you can't -rep someone who has -repped you within 72 hours.

That way anyone with a serious reason to -rep can wait, but someone who is just doing it for a childish reason will have forgotten by the time they can -rep you again.
[Image: Lj]
(10-13-2009, 09:29 AM)Vorfin Wrote: Wow, you two make a good point. Maybe a system where you can't -rep someone who has -repped you within 72 hours.

That way anyone with a serious reason to -rep can wait, but someone who is just doing it for a childish reason will have forgotten by the time they can -rep you again.

I was thinking you could provide a link to where the reason for the -rep occurred.

If it's not legit, it's removed. Then again, rep really isn't that important, the abuse just upsets me sometimes.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

I don't know about that but we should just be able to report it so staff does something about it because you know, it's not just about us or OUR REPS. It's about breaking the rules.
I really think omni wants to waste all his time reading reported reps. He already said no on 3 of his forums I'm on to this suggestion multiple time, just because your complaining I bet he will -10 you.
In the past, anyone that complained about -rep would get -rep'ed by Omniscient.

I've seen him post the warning more than once.

I think that reports for the reputation system is a little too far, the staff have a lot to do solving normal reported posts.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

You earn rep so you can do whatever you want with it..
[Image: wwsigcopy.jpg]
The way I look at it, if someone is looking at your rep, they can see whether or not you're a good member and judge by the types of -reps you get. I know, at least I can, tell just by reading the reps and clicking on the users profile. You can see a lot of times it'll be just a few minutes to a few hours later where the immature kid will -rep you.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
(10-13-2009, 10:19 AM)MyNameIs940 Wrote: I really think omni wants to waste all his time reading reported reps. He already said no on 3 of his forums I'm on to this suggestion multiple time, just because your complaining I bet he will -10 you.
(10-13-2009, 10:22 AM)Skill Wrote: In the past, anyone that complained about -rep would get -rep'ed by Omniscient.

I've seen him post the warning more than once.

I think that reports for the reputation system is a little too far, the staff have a lot to do solving normal reported posts.

Oh, really? Well, I wouldn't give a crap about Omni -repping ME for actually trying to help.

I'm not complaining. It's not for me, it's for everyone. It's a suggestion.

But oh well, you're right, Omni wont his waste time reading all the -rep reports, and that is... wait, that sucks.
I wasn't aiming it at you, I was just saying it in general.

The rep system is there for users to give their views on another user. Whatever they write is their choice.

That's the way many people see it.

I agree, users abuse the system and they will be dealt with but it's a hard life and we have to live with it.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

I was just saying.. yup.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reporting a private message? BreShiE 7 1,092 03-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Neutral rep giving error? D3xus 7 1,412 10-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  we are allowed to ask for rep? +devilpsn 15 2,928 09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Add "don't ask for rep" in the rules. Elektrisk 13 5,180 08-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Why is there a star next to the negative rep number? Annuit Coeptis 1 798 08-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Jamieee