Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SQL help
I have a database of over 50 meg i need to make smaller to be able to import.
Can anyone give me an easy way to do this?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

You haven't enabled the autoshrink setting have you?

1. In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, and then expand that instance.
2. Expand the Databases, and then right-click the database that you want to shrink.
3. Point to Tasks > Shrink > Database.
4. Optionally, select the Reorganize files before releasing unused space check box. If selected, a value must be specified for Maximum free space in files after shrinking.

Selecting this option is the same as specifying a target_percent value when executing DBCC SHRINKDATABASE. Clearing this option is the same as executing DBCC SHRINKDATABASE using the TRUNCATEONLY option. TRUNCATEONLY reduces the file size without moving any data. By default, the option is cleared.
5. Enter the maximum percentage of free space to be left in the database files after the database has been shrunk (use numbers 0-99 since they are valid entries). This option is only available when Reorganize files before releasing unused space is selected, and click Ok.

The transaction log might be filling up too quickly, or staying far too large, which is why your database is large.
+1 rep your you mate.
I still have issues. I suspect its VB side. (the reason i dropped my database in the first place)
Now to try resolve the issue. Its not the database Sad
Mate i get this solved and running again i am moving to MYBB again assuming they will accept me lmfao.
If not another provider. VB is letting me and every other paying customer down big time man.
The Rules!

Yeah, MyBB is a great piece of forum software nowadays, and it's ever so growing in popularity for it's increasing functionality and ease of use.
I was banned for 6 months from there Forums so i went to VB Sad
Yes PAID!
Now my ban is due to end in about 3 weeks assuming the fuckn staff allow me back.
Shall i get back and assuming they have a merge system that can work i will try.
Otherwise i am sort of Fukkered i guess.
The Rules!

Quote:Shall i get back and assuming they have a merge system that can work i will try.

I would go with MyBB, i've never ran VB on one of my forums but i've been a member on VB forums. I like MyBB though, especially as an admin.
(12-05-2010, 06:33 AM)MarkW7 Wrote: I would go with MyBB, i've never ran VB on one of my forums but i've been a member on VB forums. I like MyBB though, especially as an admin.

Agreed, MyBB is a free forum software, and in my opinion still one of the best and easier ones to use.
Just for haha i thought i would update this thread.
I got my forum back and running.
I started a ticket at VB for support and got told.
Sorry we cant offer you support.

Basically because i purchased the forum and not the full CMS i am no longer elligable for support.
When i purchased it i was but they have changed the rules lol.
As for moving over too MYBB. Well i am not sure i can. There is no merge system to deal with this sort of request.
So for now i am back with VB.
Not really sure what the future holds actually.
The Rules!

Request that your host increase it, I did this a few hours ago and they increased it to 500MB.
That, or use 'BigDump'.
http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php

Or, even easier, providing you enough permission on your server,

Code:
php_value upload_max_filesize xxM
php_value post_max_size xxM
php_value max_execution_time 300
php_value max_input_time 300

Add that to .htaccess replacing 'xx' with your file size (rounded up).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SQL Query help (vbulletin) DAMINK™ 2 1,070 02-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™
  Securing your PHP script Part 1 [SQL Injection] 0xE9 9 2,278 06-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Last Post: 0xE9