Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rape problem...
Okay so today i was video chatting with a very good friend of mine. We were talking about random crap and she just started balling her eyes out, I tried doing the "Noble" thing (ask wats wrong etc) she then told me that her best friend raped her a few days ago, We are all 13, I was there when it happened, I wasnt aware it was rape but i knew something happened. I tried getting her to call the police, she doesn't want to because they have been friends since forever, he wasnt high/drunk. she keeps saying "Forget about it", "Ill take care of it" etc... but i know she most likely wont. What should i do :S...
Logically? Call the cops. just tell them what happened and they will go talk to her. Illogically? forget about it (dont reccomend)
[Image: psychois21.png]
Defiantly call the cops.
(11-22-2010, 06:47 PM)Guest Wrote: Okay so today i was video chatting with a very good friend of mine. We were talking about random crap and she just started balling her eyes out, I tried doing the "Noble" thing (ask wats wrong etc) she then told me that her best friend raped her a few days ago, We are all 13, I was there when it happened, I wasnt aware it was rape but i knew something happened. I tried getting her to call the police, she doesn't want to because they have been friends since forever, he wasnt high/drunk. she keeps saying "Forget about it", "Ill take care of it" etc... but i know she most likely wont. What should i do :S...

Wait, are you a girl or guy? Me, as a dude, would go whoop that dudes ass. No question. I cannot stand guys treating women badly especially when it becomes physical such as this. I cannot speak from a womans point, but i would suggest getting parents involved. Especially at 13.. do not take this on by yourself.
Call the police.. let the police arrest the rapist then consult a psychologist
[Image: qoxy8.png]
Yes call the police. Due to the severity of what has happened and the age factor I don't think they would require a statement from her. They would just go and arrest the scum that did this. However if the attacker was only 13 himself the punishment wouldn't be as strong as it should be.
My further advice would be to make sure that your friend knows you are the for her unconditionally. Support from close friends is always needed in traumatic circumstance and I would definitely encourage this. It's not something that temporarily effects the victim, it can leave mental scars for life. Be there for her no matter what, always.

I think at 13, it is best to get your parents involved. Have your parents call her parents, and have her parents decide what to do. Whether it be call the Police or whatever, i think it is the victims parents decision. I think the parents of the victim would like to be in the loop before authorities are going around asking questions and they have no clue what is going on with their own daughter. This is not a light issue and should be handled in a sensitive manner.
Call the cops, let them handle it.
I'd call the police, it's the best thing to do to help your friend.
Call the cops before the butthead leaves state.